Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Modern Rifles, Shotguns and Carbines

How do I use a sling to stabilize an AR15 pistol while shooting?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Carl:

--- Quote from: xxdabroxx on September 07, 2016, 01:47:24 PM ---I just tuck the buffer tube into my shoulder and fire it like a really short stocked rifle.  I built one because they are cool.  After getting it sighted in I was hitting a gong no problem at 125 yards.

--- End quote ---

Just so folks don't get the wrong idea...BECAUSE YOU WANT ONE is reason to have one...It is my opinion that it is a poor choice as a weapon
due to the ergonomics and weakness of the human element...my guys used MP5 or 11 inch cut 870 shotguns when shock and awe were needed.
My favorite toy is belt fed...

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: Carl on September 07, 2016, 04:32:38 PM ---Just so folks don't get the wrong idea...BECAUSE YOU WANT ONE is reason to have one...It is my opinion that it is a poor choice as a weapon
due to the ergonomics and weakness of the human element...my guys used MP5 or 11 inch cut 870 shotguns when shock and awe were needed.
My favorite toy is belt fed...

--- End quote ---

While I've only done it to a legal length of 18-1/2 inches, a pipe cutter can cut down an 870 barrel in less than 30 seconds.
You can find old barrels at pawn shops for around $30.

xxdabroxx:
IMHO, they make for a decent option for a "SBR" substitute if you live in Kalifornia.  We don't have the option of owning SBR's or suppressors like the free states do.  I don't have the gonads to put a Sig brace on mine as our SBR laws are pretty vague and I'd rather not have a cop who just found out his wife was cheating on him take me in for possession of an "assault weapon" because he doesn't care what the ATF says.   That being said, what are they really good for?  Not much in my opinion other than shooting fireballs out of the barrel.  haha.  I know my buddies and I get a kick out of shooting it and that's about it.  It could be an OK HD gun, but it's so fricken loud I wouldn't want to shoot it in a hallway.  I'd much prefer an 870 for that, again though, we can't really have SBS's in CA either.  Unless you set up a trust of some sort, but I haven't looked that far into it.   

Carl:

--- Quote from: Smurf Hunter on September 07, 2016, 04:41:28 PM ---While I've only done it to a legal length of 18-1/2 inches, a pipe cutter can cut down an 870 barrel in less than 30 seconds.
You can find old barrels at pawn shops for around $30.

--- End quote ---

The work was done with written LEO letterhead as I did and do custom work for a local DA and always on written orders.
The 870 is not quite so easy..one of my toys below...and YES ...rock and roll

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: Carl on September 07, 2016, 04:45:24 PM ---The work was done with written LEO letterhead as I did and do custom work for a local DA and always on written orders.
The 870 is not quite so easy..

--- End quote ---

If the barrel has the elevated rail piece, that definitely slows down the cutting process.  You'd have to cut that away first before using a pipe cutting wheel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version