Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Advice For Beginners

good bolt action rifle (im in austraila its all i can get)

<< < (5/6) > >>

Wild Colonial Boy:

--- Quote from: bigmickaus on April 28, 2015, 03:51:12 AM ---Thanks heaps everyone I'll have a look into them and see how much for what.

Thanks heaps for the help everyone.

--- End quote ---

Mate I'm not sure how your going in your "gun hunt".  Check out this site. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-orQ6r8c4qrDpKNLWaox-A

There are some great firearms reviews (Aussie specific) for everything from Cat D (AR-15) through to Cat A/B (Bolt guns).

Steve Cover:
First gun to cover both small and medium game?
Assuming that you can reload, I'd look at a 243 bolt action with a 2x-8x variable scope.

Normal loads are quite adequate for our American White Tail Deer, and loaded down with bullets designed for the 22 hornet could duplicate 22WMR for rabbits an such.

For me, this would cover both needs very well.

Steve

armymars:
  OK I'm confused. The Hornet uses .224 bullets and the 243 uses .243 bullets. I do know that they make some very light bullets for the 243. They are designed for varmints, but would they leave any meat even at low velocities. Of course cast bullets would work.
   Speaking of which, what does Roo meat taste like?  Grin

Carl:

--- Quote from: armymars on November 07, 2015, 07:22:52 AM ---  OK I'm confused. The Hornet uses .224 bullets and the 243 uses .243 bullets. I do know that they make some very light bullets for the 243. They are designed for varmints, but would they leave any meat even at low velocities. Of course cast bullets would work.

--- End quote ---

Kinda' like possum..

Steve Cover:

--- Quote from: armymars on November 07, 2015, 07:22:52 AM ---  OK I'm confused. The Hornet uses .224 bullets and the 243 uses .243 bullets. I do know that they make some very light bullets for the 243. They are designed for varmints, but would they leave any meat even at low velocities. Of course cast bullets would work.

--- End quote ---

OOOOPS!!
Typo...
I meant 223 Remington not the 243 Winchester...

Sorry,

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version