Author Topic: We are Re-Embracing Segregation  (Read 485 times)

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
We are Re-Embracing Segregation
« on: September 14, 2020, 03:45:00 PM »
The University of Michigan Dearborn campus set up 2 online hangouts/forums. One for "people of color" and one for "other". Let me disentangle that. They set up a "whites only" and an "other".

Not to be outdone, Uber Eats will help you by identifying black owned restaurants. That's bonkers. Would they also help me to identify Jewish businesses by putting a gold star net to them or is that a little on point?

This reductionist thinking that we all must be defined by our immutable genetic code is the antithesis of the society I want. I don't want to only talk to other "white" people (I'm a Eurasian mutt myself) and America should be the place where a driven and passionate Nigerian can open a sushi restaurant and stand on his merits.

What I like about America is the melting pot. We're supposed to be radically different and bounce cultures off each other and the end result is a dynamism that other countries will never see.

But if we're going down the path of racial determinism can a caste system be far away? Are we slipping into a medieval guild system? These segregationist policies really scare me.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
Re: We are Re-Embracing Segregation
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 04:20:14 PM »
The University of Michigan Dearborn campus set up 2 online hangouts/forums. One for "people of color" and one for "other". Let me disentangle that. They set up a "whites only" and an "other".

Not to be outdone, Uber Eats will help you by identifying black owned restaurants. That's bonkers. Would they also help me to identify Jewish businesses by putting a gold star net to them or is that a little on point?

This reductionist thinking that we all must be defined by our immutable genetic code is the antithesis of the society I want. I don't want to only talk to other "white" people (I'm a Eurasian mutt myself) and America should be the place where a driven and passionate Nigerian can open a sushi restaurant and stand on his merits.

What I like about America is the melting pot. We're supposed to be radically different and bounce cultures off each other and the end result is a dynamism that other countries will never see.

But if we're going down the path of racial determinism can a caste system be far away? Are we slipping into a medieval guild system? These segregationist policies really scare me.

I am with you.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 07:38:57 PM »
Not to dive into conspiracy theories, but I don't necessarily think that all the effort that has gone into systematically dividing us as a people is accidental.

Offline Canadian Prepper

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 02:18:19 AM »
Not to dive into conspiracy theories, but I don't necessarily think that all the effort that has gone into systematically dividing us as a people is accidental.

Here's one more link from the Unconstrained Analytics website that speaks directly to this. They published a memo in November 2019 which warned that the issue of racism would be weaponized in the 2020 election cycle. I just read through it this past weekend and it seemed like they had a crystal ball over what's transpired since George Floyd passed away on the Memorial Day weekend.

https://unconstrainedanalytics.org/warning-on-racism/

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 08:48:24 AM »

Is it a "theory" when they go online and on TV telling you they are going to do it?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/06/flashback-loretta-lynch-calls-blood-death-streets-video/
Loretta Lynch Calls For ‘Blood and Death’ in the Streets (VIDEO)

As TGP reported back in March, former US Attorney General Loretta Lynch released a disturbing video calling for marching, blood and even death.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2017/01/15/loretta-lynch-waves-of-hatred-waves-of-intolerance-and-injustice-are-still-blowing-in-this-country/
Loretta Lynch: ‘Waves of Hatred, Waves of Intolerance and Injustice Are Still Blowing in This Country’
Loretta Lynch

Lynch is working very hard with the attorney generals and prosecutors she helped put in place to keep the foot soldiers from being prosecuted so they can remain out on streets causing havoc.  She even arranged for them to have police-less areas of operations.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-ag-loretta-lynch-probe-nypd-george-floyd-protests
Obama AG Loretta Lynch to advise New York in probe of NYPD in wake of George Floyd protests

New York state officials announced Wednesday that Loretta Lynch, who served as attorney general in President Obama's administration from 2015 to 2017, will "help guide and support" authorities' ongoing investigation into the NYPD's interactions with the public in the wake of George Floyd protests.

The move came despite concerns over the numerous consent decrees that Lynch's Justice Department (DOJ) arranged with police departments, which observers said actually increased crime rates by disincentivizing policing and causing police to pull out of dangerous neighborhoods.

The consent decrees asserted that numerous police departments across the country were engaged in systemic racism. Critics, however, said the DOJ was improperly concluding that disparate enforcement numbers were necessarily evidence of police racism.

Offline Oakie

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 10:11:13 AM »
I've seen a lot of progress in the last 50 years.
Instead of moving forward and building on that we are seeing a great division.
Other than well planned skirmishes in largely populated areas though, I just can't see successfully tearing apart rural areas where we all actually KNOW one another. (And where law enforcement is allowed to do their jobs)
The entire idea is to divide and conquer. Prayers we stand strong, together.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 10:13:16 AM »
I've seen a lot of progress in the last 50 years.
Instead of moving forward and building on that we are seeing a great division.
Other than well planned skirmishes in largely populated areas though, I just can't see successfully tearing apart rural areas where we all actually KNOW one another. (And where law enforcement is allowed to do their jobs)
The entire idea is to divide and conquer. Prayers we stand strong, together.

agreed.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 10:39:11 AM »
There are now "people of color" segregationist homesteaders.  Will be interesting to see how they implement it.  It is an interesting experiment both legally (how will they navigate anti-discrimination laws when someone chooses to sell?) and in infrastructure development.  They could learn a lot from Jack's recent podcasts on the latter. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/us/freedom-black-cooperative-toomsboro/index.html
19 families buy nearly 97 acres of land in Georgia to create a city safe for Black people

"Welcome to Freedom!" exclaims real estate agent Ashley Scott as she surveys the nearly 97 acres of land that she and a group of 19 Black families purchased in August.

"I'm hoping that it will be a thriving safe haven for people of color, for Black families in particular," Scott says.

The land sits just East of Macon in rural Wilkinson County, Georgia. Scott and her friend, investor and entrepreneur Renee Walters, didn't initially plan on buying a large plot of land, but they had a vision that was clear -- to create a safe space for their Black families.