Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > BOV Emergency Kits

Maglite window breakers attachments. Is there a seatbelt cutting attachment?

<< < (2/2)

endurance:
I have a resqme. I've used it over a dozen times between training and actual extrications. The punch needs to be used on a corner or edge, but always works when used on one of those areas. The cutter is amazingly sharp. For the fire department I keep it on the outside of my coat, in my car it's on my keychain, so its always in the ignition.

I've not bothered with looking at other products because it has always delivered.

Josh the Aspie:
I always detatch my key from the main ring before putting it in the ignition.  I think I'd rather keep it velcroed to the dash, or clipped to the visor.  Though if you load up a visor, that can be a hazard in an accident as well.

Also, thanks for the corner tip Endurance.

jhull87:

--- Quote from: Josh the Aspie on November 16, 2014, 12:25:42 PM ---I always detatch my key from the main ring before putting it in the ignition.  I think I'd rather keep it velcroed to the dash, or clipped to the visor.  Though if you load up a visor, that can be a hazard in an accident as well.

Also, thanks for the corner tip Endurance.

--- End quote ---

I just started doing this cause of the GM ignition switch recall. But I keep a second one on my belt clip. Like a dog leash clip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version