Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Advice For Beginners

griz ..

<< < (4/7) > >>

surfivor:
 right, although some wildlife agency has released problem bears in the mountains behind her house where she goes horseback riding .. She is not much in favor of guns and supports Hillary, Obama, etc .. believes in global warming, no time for conspiracies .. all that .. not much of a second amendment supporter, probably doesn't like hunters etc.  She is thinking about a gun but does not seem ready to move in that direction ..

My dad was a serious liberal most of his life and it has worn off on her the most .. I remember all the George McGovern signs and other politics when we where kids. Gerry Studds who ended up in Congress was over at our house and other people high in the Democratic party at one  time or another in those days. The guy who ran the democratic party in our state and was a state rep  for many years was a friend of the families and we spent alot of time at his house back in the 70's ..

My dad was originally from Vermont and very proud of that state. He used to go deer hunting but after my uncle shot a deer he gave it up. He never could give up eating prime rib steaks though

Carl:
Maybe she could just ride her horse somewhere else?

surfivor:

--- Quote from: Carl on October 12, 2016, 10:47:39 AM ---Maybe she could just ride her horse somewhere else?

--- End quote ---

She seems to like to rid out in the mountains of Idaho or desert areas in Utah but spends more time in Idaho

endurance:
So this really comes down to your fear of bears, not hers, and you are wanting to give advice that you get from a bunch of gun nuts on the interweb because you lack the personal expertise in the field.

Seems rational. I'm sure she'll be sold on whatever you tell her.

Carl:

--- Quote from: Endurance on October 12, 2016, 01:02:47 PM ---So this really comes down to your fear of bears, not hers, and you are wanting to give advice that you get from a bunch of gun nuts on the interweb because you lack the personal expertise in the field.

Seems rational. I'm sure she'll be sold on whatever you tell her.

--- End quote ---

It is alway TRUE when it's on the internet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version