Farm, Garden and The Land > Show Us Your Garden

ResidentCelt's Garden 2014

<< < (2/2)

ResidentCelt:
One more. It's now Christmas Eve Eve and I just pulled up a giant bundle of salsify and a few carrots that were still in the ground.

sshickson:
Your pictures make wish I had started mine sooner!  :)

ResidentCelt:
Hey, it's never too late :) Also, look into fall gardening. Everyone discounts it, but it's just as productive for many things (not so much peppers and tomatoes) but plenty of other things. Right about now is when you should start getting seeds to start indoors for cooler weather crops (I'm zone 6/7)

sshickson:

--- Quote from: ResidentCelt on June 17, 2015, 03:08:31 PM ---Hey, it's never too late :) Also, look into fall gardening. Everyone discounts it, but it's just as productive for many things (not so much peppers and tomatoes) but plenty of other things. Right about now is when you should start getting seeds to start indoors for cooler weather crops (I'm zone 6/7)

--- End quote ---

I have seeds arriving this week! Since I have 30 raised boxes I have a lot of ground to cover. I live in zone 8b/9a and I have decided to try:

3 varietites of lettuces
Garlic
Shallots
Potatoes
2 varieties of Corn
Carrots
Sugar Beets
Great Northern Beans
Blue lake Green Beans
Spaghetti Squash
Butternut Squash
Turnips
Cucumbers
Mustard Greens
Spinach
Broccoli
Cabbages
Dill
Celery
Green Peas
Cilantro
and Snow Peas

My hubby and I are planning of building a greenhouse in August so that I can keep my tomatoes and peppers going this winter and get a jump on the spring planting next year. I can also keep canning thru the winter!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version