Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Industry Reviews

Amazon.com

(1/27) > >>

Kilgor:
I don't want to go too deep into the specifics because someone could do this to abuse Amazon, but I recently purchased a high dollar ($400) survival item from Amazon and it arrived with some shipping damage.  A call to Amazon and they MORE than made it right to the point where I felt a little guilty accepting it.  Very good customer service.

Amazon has earned the right to my business.   :)

Sperls:
I would have to agree 100%. I like that they will call you to follow up, but only after you enter your number and a time. Class organization all the way.

Mastoo:
I bought an Amazon TV a few weeks ago.  Last night I noticed they were selling it much cheaper now.  I clicked on the button that said "Found a cheaper price", and this morning they gave me a refund for the difference.  My time invested = 2 minutes.  No wonder a full page of my discover bill says amazon this and amazon that.

MaddoginMass:
I'm a big time customer of Amazon.  Spend probably thousands of dollars a year.  I have always had very good luck with them. 

Kilgor:

--- Quote from: Mastoo on January 21, 2011, 06:43:06 PM ---I bought an Amazon TV a few weeks ago.  Last night I noticed they were selling it much cheaper now.  I clicked on the button that said "Found a cheaper price", and this morning they gave me a refund for the difference.  My time invested = 2 minutes.  No wonder a full page of my discover bill says amazon this and amazon that.

--- End quote ---

That's a good tip.  I din't know they did that.  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version