The TSP Marketplace > Backyard Food Production

Sugar Addiction

(1/8) > >>

forestgarden:
Hello Everyone,

Don't know how many of you are working with, or even aware of sugar addiction, but I have recently had an interesting experience.  I have been working to reduce my sugar intake for several years and have mostly gotten it down to a small amount.  The final piece which has taken a while to get o is a fascinating connection.  Several months ago I decided to clear up a toe fungus which had been there for, uh, decades?  I have been using tea tree oil every night applied topically on the toes and upper feet.  If you can't stand tea tree oil there are other treatments.  Anyway, the fungus is visually gone and I am continuing the treatment just to make good and sure it is gone, and I've noticed my need/ desire for sweets had decreased. 

There are many things I have done on this journey to let go of sugar, and I feel this is the final piece.  It makes sense to me as I sense the fungus was partially or wholly needing the sugar to survive. 

Anyway, I am delighted at the new developments. 

cowdog:
Delighted to hear of your good experience.
My wife recently got off the sugar. She feels terrible--headaches, irritable, listless etc. Did this happen to you?

I am addicted to sugar in my coffee, and I drink lots of coffee.  :-[

TexDaddy:
I have read that sugar is the most addictive substance on earth. Congratulations on getting a hold of that one.

Hare of Caerbannog:

--- Quote from: cowdog on December 29, 2009, 02:32:16 PM ---Delighted to hear of your good experience.
My wife recently got off the sugar. She feels terrible--headaches, irritable, listless etc. Did this happen to you?

I am addicted to sugar in my coffee, and I drink lots of coffee.  :-[

--- End quote ---
I was a heavy sugar hog.
Two or three giant sodas every day. Doughnuts at work. A candy bar almost every afternoon.
Then I had a head injury and I went over a year with headaches, irritable, listless, plus an almost complete loss of appetite. When I came out of that crazy tunnel I found I had not only lost my desire for sweet stuff, I'm somewhat repelled by it.

Pathfinder:
Congrats indeed.

I'll have to try the tea tree oil, as my left big toe has been fungusy for a while too.

As for sugar, I have a sweet tooth a mile wide and about twice that high! Other than I used to drink diet cola (down to maybe once a week), HoC sounds like me. I definitely need to cut sugar the heck out of my life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version