Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Overlooked Preps for Ladies

<< < (3/8) > >>

Varginna:

--- Quote from: AvenueQ on October 03, 2013, 01:24:08 PM ---Keep an extra month's supply of birth control, if you use it. You'll probably have to get it directly from the prescribing clinic as pharmacies will usually only give you one refill every 28 days.

--- End quote ---
oh when I was on the stuff you Always get out 3 mounts not one (and a prescription for a year so I actually could have a year Worth of birthcontrol pills at home, but now I don't use them)

cedar: thanks

TheBippy: oh I Always use Lady's Mantle against PMS (and you can use it for menopausal problems, against wrinkles, to wash small Cuts especially if they don't want to Close etc etc) but then I normally just use it for the mood part of PMS I can't be 100% that it works for the pain.

Cedar:
You know.. one of the things I would really want to have as a prep is a good quality hand/face lotion. Working outside all the time, washing my hands in the sink all the time,  working on whatever project I am doing in the sink which requires water, clay mud sucking the moisture out of my hands, sun/wind exposure to the face. It prevents cracking, chapping, makes you feel human again at the end of the day.

Cedar - who should buy stock in a certain brand she likes

Varginna:

--- Quote from: Cedar on October 03, 2013, 11:49:41 PM ---You know.. one of the things I would really want to have as a prep is a good quality hand/face lotion. Working outside all the time, washing my hands in the sink all the time,  working on whatever project I am doing in the sink which requires water, clay mud sucking the moisture out of my hands, sun/wind exposure to the face. It prevents cracking, chapping, makes you feel human again at the end of the day.

--- End quote ---
that's why me and my husband learned to make our own last weekend (and scampoo and soap)  :)
We believe that to be a really important prep since we both have problem with eczema (?) and I made my lotion/ointment so that it helps when I get White fingers from Reynauds (of witch with doctors can't help)

we have also learned to make resin ointment witch is unbelievable effective on small Cuts and so.

AvenueQ:

--- Quote from: Cedar on October 03, 2013, 11:49:41 PM ---You know.. one of the things I would really want to have as a prep is a good quality hand/face lotion. Working outside all the time, washing my hands in the sink all the time,  working on whatever project I am doing in the sink which requires water, clay mud sucking the moisture out of my hands, sun/wind exposure to the face. It prevents cracking, chapping, makes you feel human again at the end of the day.

--- End quote ---
I use this on my hands:
http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/bath-body-care/hands-feet/hand-care-products/hemp-hand-protector.aspx
It's the only thing I've found that will prevent my hands from cracking in the winter and doesn't leave a waxy residue. I often do a sugar scrub before I use it, and it lasts a couple days that way. I live near an outlet and they often have special deals on it.

Morning Sunshine:
I make my own lotion, except my face lotion.... I have a favorite and it is expensive but since I use a dab about the size of a rolled oat, it lasts a long time.  But I do keep 1-2 bottles in storage waiting.
the problem with stocking up too much on a good quality lotion is that it is a fat-based product, and as such, can and will go rancid after too long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version