Author Topic: Duncan Lemp  (Read 665 times)

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
Duncan Lemp
« on: April 25, 2020, 09:43:53 AM »
This may be the most confusing story I've come across regarding firearms.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-mystery-deepens-over-the-pre-dawn-police-killing-of-duncan-lemp/

In a nutshell some previous childhood issues precluded Lemp from owning a gun and someone gave an anonymous tip so the police... Conducted a 4 am no-knock raid where they threw flashbangs into the bedroom where Lemp slept with his pregnant girlfriend. Long story short Lemp is gunned down.

I say confusing because none of the pieces fit together. If he was illegally in possession of firearms surely there's a better way to handle it. Also the police have changed their story a couple times and refused comment. Very messy but a big red flag for how you will be treated if they arbitrarily decide you have violated gun laws.

Offline IKN

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Duncan Lemp
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 08:25:37 AM »
This is another example of many caused by "No Knock Warrants".
Even a moron would realize breaking into someone's house in the middle of the night will cause a reaction by the homeowner. I know I'd be reaching for my gun if I was awakened by my door being knocked down.
Whatever happened to the "Sanctity of the Home" ?
The police, judges, and politicians responsible for these Unconstitutional raids should be tried and convicted of murder. Bunch of Jack booted thugs.