Energy Options > Solar Power

New offgrid solar install

<< < (2/2)

buckaroo:
After much research over the refer, I chose a Danby 10 cf (apartment size) model with 290 kwh/yr power usage....https://www.homedepot.com/p/Danby-9-9-cu-ft-Top-Freezer-Refrigerator-in-White-Counter-Depth-DFF100C1WDB/205471485?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cG%7cBase%7cD29A%7c29-13_REFRIGERATION%7cMULTI%7cNA&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9LPYBRDSARIsAHL7J5mONGWvn4bYTQnTD-m_e9O7sb0DR1YEaixdS0lBpUPswlz6ENkiSkUaAoT2EALw_wcB&dclid=CPjpgNapq9sCFVaraQodE5YLjQ

The equipment is all Schneider - 4048 Inverter/AC & DC boxes/MPPT/Etc
The panels are Canadian Solar 330 watt x 6
Batteries are Lenoch AGM 6v x 8

I got the equipment through AEE Solar, referred there by an online contact that does Offgrid consulting....

LvsChant:
Thanks for sharing that... we are thinking about adding solar at some point (heck, we've been thinking about it for quite awhile). Just haven't yet taken the plunge.

buckaroo:

--- Quote from: LvsChant on May 29, 2018, 10:59:39 PM ---Thanks for sharing that... we are thinking about adding solar at some point (heck, we've been thinking about it for quite awhile). Just haven't yet taken the plunge.

--- End quote ---

Same with us....we built our cabin while living in an old 1968 18 ft trailer....it was fun and kinda 'romantic' the first year or so...got to be less so as time went along. All still fun and a great memory, and even after we moved into the cabin it was kinda ok to  'rough it' a little.......but one day the ice chests and batteries got to be too much and it was time, I think you'll know when..:-) With rpices coming down and power going up it is really just a matter of when. I recommend splitting up the price if that is an issue....You can finance some stuff, put other on a CC or two, spread it out a bit....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version