Energy Options > Solar Power

Friday the 13TH tornado,Did I survive?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Carl:
Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers and even though I 'survived' I felt I could have done it better and in more comfort as I was reluctant to break out my propane cook top to prepare hot meals and did not use my auto to recharge batteries and run the fridge until I HAD to.Also I did not even bother to power the modems and router for my communications ,phone,even the TV was not so important as my battery powered AM/FM radio,a portable Ham radio,and the simply "D" cell powered fan...I had the technology and power to run it ....yet accepted minimal comforts as I did not feel the need to haul out more extension cords. I have yet to try to remove the power supply from my main PC and sit here in front of the olt laptop that I have used so many times while in Nursing homes and hospitals.

I have become lazy??

Carl:
  I got to work about midnight,last night, and with my poor dexterity slowing my every move,I was able to remove and replace my main PC's power supply. It is working as I post this now and though I have 3 more hard drives and two DVD drives to properly power for full recovery...it is a marrer of time and splicing added wires to the power supply I had in the 'spares' closet.YAY!!

surfivor:

Carl,

It sounds like you had an exciting weekend, mine was rather dull. Glad you made it through

Carl:

--- Quote from: surfivor on April 16, 2018, 09:24:05 AM ---Carl,

It sounds like you had an exciting weekend, mine was rather dull. Glad you made it through

--- End quote ---

Thanks my friend...but each day I wake up is exciting as I just made another year with the cancer they said would take me 'within six months' and anything else that happens I simply have learned to take in stride.

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: Carl on April 16, 2018, 06:43:46 AM ---  I got to work about midnight,last night, and with my poor dexterity slowing my every move,I was able to remove and replace my main PC's power supply. It is working as I post this now and though I have 3 more hard drives and two DVD drives to properly power for full recovery...it is a marrer of time and splicing added wires to the power supply I had in the 'spares' closet.YAY!!

--- End quote ---

Nice work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version