Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Black Powder and Primitive Weapons

Just forging 100 arrowheads

<< < (3/3)

Cedar:

--- Quote from: Knecht on August 27, 2015, 05:44:06 PM ---I'm done, 100 arrowheads ready to go. Now I'll start making shafts and fletching.

--- End quote ---

You ought to stick a measuring device in there, like a ruler. They look pretty sweet..

Cedar

Knecht:
I always put a 5cm measure to pics of my finished products (check the gallery on my site). Thit is just a quick photo right from the smithy.

machinisttx:

--- Quote from: Knecht on August 25, 2015, 11:02:11 AM ---Sorry man, right now I can't really slow my work by taking pictures or vids. Some other time maybe. You need to find out yourself, anyway. That's what you must go through when self-teaching to forge.

--- End quote ---

I need to fix the antique hand crank blower I have, and find a source for coal or charcoal before I can get started.

Knecht:
Ah, hand crank blower. Never tried one of those, let me know how it works for you. I have one antique pedal-powered heart and one bigger with electro-powered blower. Don't use it the latter much, unless I make some large items that need lots of heat.
I'm using black coal, over here it's called just "blacksmith coal" and it's generally the best grade of black coal. Some guys I know actuly use charcoal and many swear it's better. I tried it couple times and didn't see much difference myself, other than it smells better.
You can use pretty much any coal, though the better grade you have, the longer it lasts and the higher temperature you can achieve. For small items and for first learning experiments, you can even use hardwood.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version