Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Black Powder and Primitive Weapons

Blackpowder DIY

(1/5) > >>

wbo3:
Does anyone know of a good resource for a DIY blackpowder recipe?  Has anyone ever tried to make your own?  That might be a good skill for a truly SHTF situation.  Although I only own one blackpowder firearm, and I think I have enough pyrodex pellets to last for quite a few hunts.

Spamity Calamity:

--- Quote from: wbo3 on October 13, 2008, 12:03:06 PM ---Does anyone know of a good resource for a DIY blackpowder recipe?  Has anyone ever tried to make your own?  That might be a good skill for a truly SHTF situation.  Although I only own one blackpowder firearm, and I think I have enough pyrodex pellets to last for quite a few hunts.

--- End quote ---

I have tried to make my own black powder before. I got the recipe out of an old Enclyopedia Britannica of all places. I used Charcoal briquets, Saltpeter, and Sulphur I dont remember the ratios that I used. It didnt turn out too great. I couldnt get it to "flash" when I took a flame to it. It would just kinda burn real fast fut you could tell it wasnt with the same force as real blackpowder. What I did though was I wound up cutting it with real blackpowder I think half and half and found it worked quite well that way. Was a real money saver back when I used to do Civil War reinacting.

Tactical Badger:
There was an article in Backwoodsman last year I think.  I'll have to dig it up.

wbo3:

--- Quote from: Tactical Badger on October 22, 2008, 11:04:20 AM ---There was an article in Backwoodsman last year I think.  I'll have to dig it up.

--- End quote ---

Cool.  I am interested in building my blackpowder collection from a SHTF perspective.  Currently I only have my single inline CVA, but intend on getting a revolver at the very least.  I suppose I will need to stock up on percussion caps...

0degreesK:
Anarchist's Cookbook, baby.  heheh...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version