Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

No Such Thing As To Much

(1/4) > >>

kaiservontexas:
I made a list recently of preps I would like to obtain. It struck me that in my view there is really no such thing as to much except for the fact that money and storage space as limitations. Now when I mean by to much I do not mean gear, but the consumables such as food, water, ammo, nails, nuts, bolts, washers, magazines, fuel, and other said materials.

I am sorry as I do not have any real point. I am just sharing a thought that struck me over the weekend. Well ok I guess the only point I could make would be not to feel overwhelmed if this is all new to you. As sometimes you may feel pressure that you will never be able to obtain all those things you would really want to have squared, but that is why I make lists like the one I made this weekend. It crystallizes my prep needs in my mind. I know I will not be able to obtain tomorrow a 3 year food supply or 100,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm. It would be nice, but Rome was not built over night nor did it fall over night.     

creuzerm:
What about a whole silo of corn for yourself?

I don't think I can eat that much corn in a lifetime. **resists the urge to run the numbers**

That silo of corn would sure come in handy if you planned on sharing some though, eh? I guess it wouldn't be too much then.

jeremya:
I guess it depends on your plan. If you are bugging out on foot then 5,000 rounds of 9mm is going to be too much to carry. :)

-- Jeremy

kaiservontexas:

--- Quote from: jeremya on October 01, 2008, 12:10:44 AM ---I guess it depends on your plan. If you are bugging out on foot then 5,000 rounds of 9mm is going to be too much to carry. :)

-- Jeremy

--- End quote ---

Have to bug to somewhere though, and that is where the 5,000 rds should be cached.  ;)

Beetle:
I don't know if I have to much or to little, but at least I have something. I wouldn't worry about having 5000 rounds of ammo, just so long as you have some. I look at my shelves and I replenish it when I figure its low enough. I probably store more than the average Joe, I know that when there is a problem I don't have to worry about running to the store and topping off. I will head home turn on the TV and watch everybody scrambling for that last pack of battery's and thinking I am glad I put something away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version