Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

Don't panic.... don't panic...

(1/3) > >>

Trusty Mutsi:
I know Jack says not to panic, but with the $700 Billion bailout, and danger of us heading back towards a depression, I already feel my insides screaming "RUN AWAY!!!!"

I feel like I got on the "Survival" wagon far too late. But that kind of thinking won't help me.

I just need to keep a level head, and make the best first steps I can.

At this point I'm checking coin shops for silver, finding a good financial advisor, seeing how often I can change my 401k, and we're doing the 24 hour drill this sunday to see what we'll need in an emergency.

And I BOILED WATER on our PROPANE GRILL OUTSIDE!!! Yes, that may not seem like a big deal, but for a guy that's been pampered by technology most of his life, it was a great feeling to do it.

spartan:

--- Quote from: Trusty Mutsi on September 29, 2008, 07:42:16 PM ---And I BOILED WATER on our PROPANE GRILL OUTSIDE!!! Yes, that may not seem like a big deal, but for a guy that's been pampered by technology most of his life, it was a great feeling to do it.

--- End quote ---

Use these small wins to keep your head level.  You may feel that you got to the game late but you are taking the actions necessary to get yourself where you need to be.  Just by changing your mindset prepares you more than 99% of the people out there.  Take a step forward and help those closest to you to take their own.

Joe:
Good job for taking at least some steps to get started.  Having at least realized that we're in trouble makes you miles ahead of everyone else who thinks this will all just blow over.  You'll be fine. 

ColdHaven:
It is never too late to get into the survival mindset. There is still stuff I am trying to learn. Like how to cook rice in a cook set without it burning to the bottom. Still haven't gotten that one straight yet.

Mr.Riley:
AMEN to the first post! DOW dropped 700 points (worst since 911) and Im not sure I got ready as soon as I should have... ya know?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version