Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Black Powder and Primitive Weapons

Can you buy black powder locally?

<< < (2/2)

RipTombstone:
I cannot buy it locally, as we dont have any shops around other than Walmart. I can buy it at Cabelas 30 minutes away, but the price is high.
I have been ordering it by the 25lb lot through Powder Inc. Prices are very good, and they have several varieties to play with. They will even mix lots if you want. The last batch I ordered cost about 225.00 for 25lbs, and I am just about out of it now.
If you do it this way, check your local laws regarding how much you can store, etc, etc... ;)
RipT

CaptainRW:

--- Quote from: RipTombstone on October 05, 2010, 01:26:09 PM ---I cannot buy it locally, as we dont have any shops around other than Walmart. I can buy it at Cabelas 30 minutes away, but the price is high.
I have been ordering it by the 25lb lot through Powder Inc. Prices are very good, and they have several varieties to play with. They will even mix lots if you want. The last batch I ordered cost about 225.00 for 25lbs, and I am just about out of it now.
If you do it this way, check your local laws regarding how much you can store, etc, etc... ;)
RipT

--- End quote ---

Yes, check local laws, ask the fire dept chief. Years back, I had a black powder cannon, used 1/2 pound a shot and I shot it alot. I lived in Mass at the time, doing live fire shoots and re-enacting. Then 2 pounds was it, anything more was to be stored in a separate building, fenced to 50 feet, no smoking signs... yadda yadda yadda... I ordered 25Lbs cases, UPS, 2 cases per truck most of the late winter & early spring, as they needed to be signed for. I was a member of the local FD at the time.. True volunteers back then, at one time I have more then 600 pounds in the basement... :-) So it would blow up, not out... Chief knew... and this was long before 9-11.. so life was good...
However, I don't suggest doing or trying this in today's world.

CaptainRW:

--- Quote from: CaptainRW on October 06, 2010, 08:59:22 AM ---Yes, check local laws, ask the fire dept chief. Years back, I had a black powder cannon, used 1/2 pound per shot and I shot it alot. I lived in Mass at the time, doing live fire shoots and re-enacting. Then 2 pounds was it, anything more was to be stored in a separate building, fenced to 50 feet, no smoking signs... yadda yadda yadda... I ordered 25Lbs cases, UPS, 2 cases per truck most of the late winter & early spring, as they needed to be signed for. I was a member of the local FD at the time.. True volunteers back then, at one time I have more then 600 pounds in the basement... :-) So it would blow up, not out... Chief knew... and this was long before 9-11.. so life was good...
However, I don't suggest doing or trying this in today's world.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version