Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Amateur Radio Gear Reviews

PX-777, inexpensive handheld radio fro new Hams

<< < (2/3) > >>

AZCeltic formerly occeltic:
This must be a real popular handheld; the murs-radio website shows them as out of stock. I haven't made the move towards ham radio as of yet, but I think I should, and will be looking into the licensing procedures today. Our BOL is pretty remote, but is within distance of cell signal if you stand in the right place. But if power goes down, or the SHTF, I want to be able to communicate with the outside world for updates, etc.

rob_ma:

--- Quote from: occeltic on December 12, 2009, 12:24:46 PM ---This must be a real popular handheld; the murs-radio website shows them as out of stock.

--- End quote ---

Very true. There was a large demand for them but I am working right now with the manufacturer to acquire some more. I hope to see them shortly after Christmas.

- Rob

fndrbndr:
I was going to pick up a Yaesu VX-7R for my first radio, but I hear a lot of good things about the PX-777's...I think this will probably be my first ham acquisition.

Docwatmo:
Wow thats much more affordable.  I'm looking for something in the 200 range, I know I cant get the big boy that I want, but whats good in that range?

k8hid:
Hey Rob:

I got the pair of PX-777 you sent while I was home on leave. They look great but I did not get time to fire them up. You know anything

about the KG-UVD1P TX/RX 136-174 216-280 someone is selling on eBay? It sounds like a great combo but might not be FCC type

excepted like your gear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version