News > General News

We are Re-Embracing Segregation

<< < (2/2)

Oakie:
I've seen a lot of progress in the last 50 years.
Instead of moving forward and building on that we are seeing a great division.
Other than well planned skirmishes in largely populated areas though, I just can't see successfully tearing apart rural areas where we all actually KNOW one another. (And where law enforcement is allowed to do their jobs)
The entire idea is to divide and conquer. Prayers we stand strong, together.

LvsChant:

--- Quote from: Oakie on September 22, 2020, 10:11:13 AM ---I've seen a lot of progress in the last 50 years.
Instead of moving forward and building on that we are seeing a great division.
Other than well planned skirmishes in largely populated areas though, I just can't see successfully tearing apart rural areas where we all actually KNOW one another. (And where law enforcement is allowed to do their jobs)
The entire idea is to divide and conquer. Prayers we stand strong, together.

--- End quote ---

agreed.

iam4liberty:
There are now "people of color" segregationist homesteaders.  Will be interesting to see how they implement it.  It is an interesting experiment both legally (how will they navigate anti-discrimination laws when someone chooses to sell?) and in infrastructure development.  They could learn a lot from Jack's recent podcasts on the latter. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/us/freedom-black-cooperative-toomsboro/index.html
19 families buy nearly 97 acres of land in Georgia to create a city safe for Black people

"Welcome to Freedom!" exclaims real estate agent Ashley Scott as she surveys the nearly 97 acres of land that she and a group of 19 Black families purchased in August.

"I'm hoping that it will be a thriving safe haven for people of color, for Black families in particular," Scott says.

The land sits just East of Macon in rural Wilkinson County, Georgia. Scott and her friend, investor and entrepreneur Renee Walters, didn't initially plan on buying a large plot of land, but they had a vision that was clear -- to create a safe space for their Black families.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version