News > General News

US State Dept names Russian disinformation sites: Global Research, News Front...

<< < (2/2)

Mr. Bill:
Related to the above: Who the heck is Zero Hedge anyway?  Write a blog post about their ownership and operations, and you may find yourself threatened with criminal charges in Bulgaria.

Seth Hettena, New Republic, 3/9/20: Is Zero Hedge a Russian Trojan Horse?

--- Quote ---About a week before Christmas, I received a most unwelcome email. A criminal complaint had been filed against me in Bulgaria, a country I have never visited and with which I had no personal connection. I stood accused of defamation; attempted censorship; illegally spreading personal, family, and business information; and insulting the memory of someone’s parents and grandparents.

The email was from a veteran Bulgarian journalist named Krassimir Ivandjiiski, who took issue with an article I had written about Zero Hedge, the hugely popular website founded by his 41-year-old son, Daniel. ...

At first, I thought the criminal complaint was a joke. I couldn’t fathom why anyone would go to such lengths over a personal blog post that, at the time I received the complaint, had been read by little more than 100 people. The rambling email seemed paranoid, and it was rife with misspellings, including one for the word “comlpaint.” Ivandjiiski and his Bulgarian attorney refused to provide me a copy of the original, Bulgarian-language version of the complaint, leaving it unclear what laws I might have violated or even what country’s laws I might have stood charged with violating. Further checking, however, showed that a complaint had been lodged with the office of the Bulgarian prosecutor general. ...
--- End quote ---

Read on for details about this "news" source.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version