Author Topic: effects of the protest/riots/anti police rhetoric  (Read 2483 times)

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
effects of the protest/riots/anti police rhetoric
« on: June 06, 2020, 09:36:35 PM »
A reliable person I know just called me.  There is a ( very, very) small town in the greater SF bay area, "out of town" town, you know, one major road, one gas station, one grocery store town.  So, you will read about it, Ben Lomand CA.  But, more will come out of course, but what you wont read about yet, and this is of course preliminary information, but very good preliminary information, this was most likely a case of domestic terrorism.  No information if there is any wider affilliation, but the motivation was to shoot cops.  There were also explosives found, not used.  Maybe the caught the attention of a sherrif patrol before they were able to implement htey way they wanted to ?  About 6 hours ago.  I think most likely this was localized, and not part of a larger thing, but still wanted to give a heads up.  One officer dead, one injured, one suspect in custody, do not know about the other.  Not race related -- anti law enforcement motivation

I know in general the type of area this is and would imagine this was a complete surprise to them and nothing they were expecting.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
Re: effects of the protest/riots/anti police rhetoric
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 09:56:49 PM »
Shoot the cops, defund police force and replace with government gangs. The Venezuela model.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 10:59:07 PM »
Local to that town.  Only the one so far, still investigating other ties.  Seems that sherrifs got a call of suspicious vehicle with guns/explosives, went to investigate.  They either followed or found the van at a house and then they ( 2 deputies) were ambushed there with improvised explosives and gunfire, both officers down ( one is dead one in hospital) so he got away and then other law enforcement involved and car chase that included one car jacking and a 2nd attempted carjacking, shots fired in both directions, one highway patrol shot, in hand not serious, non-serious shot got the suspect. He was ranting anti-police rhetoric during the arrest -- but no more information of what the plans of his were.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 11:17:10 PM »

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 12:51:22 AM »
https://www.kgns.tv/content/news/Deputy-killed-2-other-officers-shot-in-California-ambush-571081921.html
Deputy killed, 2 other officers shot in California ambush

yes, that is the one I am talking about

Turns out suspect is armed forces. 
The ABC7 I-Team has new information on Carillo since officials identified him. The I-Team has learned he is 32 years-old and an active duty US Air Force sergeant based out of Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield.

Sources tell ABC7 News' Dan Noyes that investigators found many improvised explosive devices inside Carillo's home Saturday and that the FBI has taken over the case. The working theory is the sheriff's deputies "interrupted something big that was about to happen."

On his Facebook page on May 31, Carillo reposted a meme that said, "I'll never let racist white people make me forget about the dope white people I know exist. I love y'all." The post includes fist emojis of different skin tones, and both of the "whites" in the meme were crossed out. Carillo wrote, "The only race that matters, the human race."

https://abc7news.com/deputy-killed-in-santa-cruz-shooting-damon-gutzwiller-sergeant/6235296/

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 01:08:11 AM »
final take down of the injured bad guy was assisted by 2 local civilian residents,  so 2 guys tackled him and held him down until LE caught up and handcuffed him.  Complex chase.

if this works, there are pictures of the civilians holding him down  -- thought some of you guys could relate

https://twitter.com/sachibub10/status/1269470742476816386/photo/1
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 01:14:06 AM by mountainmoma »

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 07:53:34 AM »
Nolte: Democrats Want to Abolish the Police and Confiscate Our Guns
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/06/nolte-democrats-want-to-abolish-the-police-and-confiscate-our-guns/
Hard to believe an idiotic idea like this is gaining momentum, it'll be so much easier for terrorist groups to take over policing. A Bolshevik revolution is here, re-education camps, executions.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 09:02:32 AM »
Well, this incident sure did spook Newsom.  After ravaging police officers in speeches all last week, he did an about-face yesterday pledging to stand behind them and ordering flags flown at half staff today.  Whatever this was it must have been big.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 10:11:26 AM »
Democrats propose sweeping police overhaul; Trump criticizes
https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-proposing-police-procedures-accountability-040609681.html
The Justice in Policing Act, the most ambitious law enforcement reform from Congress in years, confronts several aspects of policing that have come under strong criticism, especially as more and more police violence is captured on cellphone video and shared widely across the nation and the world.

The package would limit legal protections for police, create a national database of excessive-force incidents and ban police choke holds, among other changes.

It would revise the federal criminal police misconduct statute to make it easier to prosecute officers who are involved in “reckless” misconduct and it would change “qualified immunity” protections to more broadly enable damage claims against police in lawsuits.

That would pretty much end most police departments after they, or most of them, quit.
It's looking like private security firms are going to have a lot of new business and choice of ex-police applicants.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 10:56:37 AM »
Red-shirt guy, who held him down until PD caught up to cuff him, was the attempted 2nd car hijacking -- which explains how he got involved

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 12:59:42 PM »
This article is about how he was making alot of critical posts on social media about law enforcement

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Suspected-killer-of-Santa-Cruz-sheriff-s-deputy-15325771.php#photo-19518202

and details about the citizens role in his arrest

Hart credited an anonymous Ben Lomond resident with helping to apprehend Carrillo when he appeared in the man’s backyard carrying a semi-automatic AR-15 assault weapon, demanding car keys. The resident, who Hart said did not want to be named, retrieved his key and handed it to Carrillo, Hart said.

“And as the suspect turned around, the resident tackled him and the AR-15 fell away and the resident took this guy to the ground,” Hart said.

Carrillo then reportedly attempted a series of retaliatory measures including trying to light a pipe bomb and pulling out a pistol, with both efforts circumvented by the resident with assistance from neighbors, Hart said.

“It was a remarkable, remarkable heroic thing that that resident did,” Hart said of the resident.

A second deputy injured while responding with Gutzwiller remained in hospital care Monday, but was in “good spirits and stable condition,” according to Hart.

“We have not have confirmed yet through ballistics, but it appears that he had been shot in the chest and his vest was able to stop the bullet,” Hart said of the deputy he declined to identify by name. “But he suffered some significant internal trauma from the bullet. He also suffered shrapnel wounds from a bomb that was set off and he was struck by the suspect’s car as the suspect fled from the scene. So he may have injured his leg, as well.”

https://www.policeone.com/investigations/articles/calif-sheriff-citizen-aided-in-apprehending-deputys-accused-killer-EkQAex5Hcehw07Jk/

Information not in any articles yet.   In the twitter photos I posted above, there is white shirt guy with the dog.   So, the larger story is like above, but that after red shirt guy tackles the suspect, and the AR is out of his hands, while the suspect was getting his handgun out of his pocket, and neighbor, white shirt guy, lets the dog off the leash and the dog ran over and added assistance and bit the suspect.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:29:18 PM by mountainmoma »

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 03:00:34 PM »
Shoot the cops, defund police force and replace with government gangs. The Venezuela model.
Close.
Lawyer: George Floyd's family, legal team asks United Nations to intervene in case of Floyd's death

Seems like it's the first step in asking for U.N. forces to occupy some U.S. cities.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »
And, another anti-police shooting, this time in Paso Robles, which, while certainly larger than Ben Lomand, is a small town/city, and not a high crime area at all.  It is not too far driving distance from places like King City, which have alot of gangs, but Paso is generally isolated from such things, so far as I know.

–A shooting has occurred at the Paso Robles Police Department in downtown Paso Robles, and a deputy from The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office has been shot and wounded. The deputy sheriff is being treated and their condition is unknown. Law enforcement is looking for at least one suspect.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male or light-skinned male, 6 foot tall, stocky build, curly hair, white hoodie, dark pants with a handgun, and possible rifle.

According to officials, the situation began with shots fired at the Paso Robles Police Department building around 3:15 a.m. Wednesday morning. A sheriff deputy was then shot nearby at 10th & Riverside. He was reportedly hit in the chin and has been transported to the hospital.

The sheriff’s office described this is an active situation. No further information is available at this time.

https://pasoroblesdailynews.com/sheriff-deputy-shot-in-paso-robles-suspect-at-large/110143/

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 01:43:43 PM »
So, ANTIFA and other "protesters" for a few days have cordoned off part of Seattle as a police free zone, and say they are in charge etc... these are the people who say we do not need police.

2 points of interest that show to the rest of us that this isnt true:  First, they had invited the cities homeless to join them, so now the organizers are asking for food donations as they say that the homeless stole all the food stores. Second, they now have a rapper leading a enforcement force, and guess what ?  They resort immedietally to using violence to enforce people to do what they say.  Rumor is that he is now shaking down people for money to "use to run the area"

Also, the first thing they did was erect barriers, ie., build a wall, to control people going in and out of their territory....

https://twitter.com/historyofarmani/status/1270450175350378496/photo/1

I dont think they see the hypocrisy yet

Here is a video of them assualting, ie., absolute violence and thuggery, worse enforcement than the PD would use in the same situation,

https://twitter.com/WeAreAntifa2020/status/1270633202634260481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1270633202634260481&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rt.com%2Fop-ed%2F491474-seattle-anarchists-commune-problems%2F

Please send soy !

https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status/1270761914918932481/photo/1

“We have heard, anecdotally, reports of citizens and businesses being asked to pay a fee to operate within this area. This is the crime of extortion. If anyone has been subjected to this, we need them to call 911,” Assistant Chief Deanna Nollette said at a press conference on Wednesday.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/seattle-autonomous-zone-business-antifa

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 03:13:45 PM »
Not to glory in other's misery, but you gotta admit, it is entertaining to see their construction of utopia:
Seattle "Autonomous Zone" Now Has A "Heavily-Armed" Warlord As Crime Spikes 300%
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/seattle-autonomous-zone-now-has-heavily-armed-warlord-governor-clueless

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 09:48:16 PM »
So, ANTIFA and other "protesters" for a few days have cordoned off part of Seattle as a police free zone, and say they are in charge etc... these are the people who say we do not need police. ...

The "truth" depends entirely on which on-the-scene reports you're following.  My liberal friends have been sharing stuff like this:

https://www.facebook.com/mornara/posts/10157217465630753

I'm not there, so I have no idea which "truth" is true.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 10:14:22 PM »
They can't be talking about the same scene or one or the other is lying. Photos/videos tend to lend more credibility.

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 10:50:57 PM »
The "truth" depends entirely on which on-the-scene reports you're following.  My liberal friends have been sharing stuff like this:

Reports are not mutually exclusive --  likely it is all true accounts of what people have experienced, different people experience different things, likley some business are being helped, some are being asked for money by somebody.  There is food in places, but at least one group had theirs taken.  It can be overall peaceful, and yet it is also true that they beat up the graphity artist , and even that facebook thread you linked admitted they have security that is searching people ( for weapons) but that somehow this is totally different than when the police do stop and frisk ..... etc... 

I never heard the east precint was burned down --

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 07:02:56 AM »

I looked at her FB photos of the scene and how you interpret the situation is personal. What to them looks like utopia to me looks like chaos. The illegal takeover of property is not a matter of opinion, it is a crime, no matter how many gardens they plant and utopian slogans are slung around. I never heard of any destructive rioting taking place in Seattle as in Mpls, but just the fact that this takeover is illegal defines it. I can't help but make a comparison to "Burning Man". Was it intentional that "CHAZ" is so close to the word "chaos"? Like, "CHAOZ" maybe?

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »
Oh-oh, looks like things are not as tight as they are supposed to be:
Black Lives Matter protesters say Seattle’s autonomous zone has hijacked message
https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives-matter-protesters-seattle-chaz-hijacked-message

Offline mountainmoma

• Survival Demonstrator
  • suburban homesteader
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 10:30:44 AM »
Oh-oh, looks like things are not as tight as they are supposed to be:
Black Lives Matter protesters say Seattle’s autonomous zone has hijacked message
https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives-matter-protesters-seattle-chaz-hijacked-message

So, now they are oppressing black people and not allowing them to speak ? 

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 11:07:24 AM »
So somehow we have gone from "justice for George Floyd" to "addressing police brutality" to BLM "defund police, reparations, destroying cultural landmarks" to suppressive communist "autonomous zones". 

How about we jettison all these groups trying to enrich themselves and go back to justice for George Floyd and practical police brutality reforms?

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2020, 11:49:12 AM »
So somehow we have gone from "justice for George Floyd" to "addressing police brutality" to BLM "defund police, reparations, destroying cultural landmarks" to suppressive communist "autonomous zones". 

How about we jettison all these groups trying to enrich themselves and go back to justice for George Floyd and practical police brutality reforms?

I don't know what "justice for George Floyd" means. The cops were indicted and will go through the justice procedure; what more is there? It won't do a dead man any good; anything beyond the outcome of the criminal justice system's results will be an opportunity for subversive intentions.

As I learn about this gruesome murder it becomes apparent that the cop was acting out a personal as well as racial vendetta on George. Laws and protests will not rectify or prevent such events; individuals need to learn how to practice professionalism and keep their personal agenda at home. If they can't, they need to be taken out of there. This was a tragedy waiting to happen, there were numerous warning signs years before, the man should not have been in uniform.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2020, 12:33:39 PM »
I don't know what "justice for George Floyd" means. The cops were indicted and will go through the justice procedure; what more is there? It won't do a dead man any good; anything beyond the outcome of the criminal justice system's results will be an opportunity for subversive intentions.

We have a justice system with both criminal and civil aspects.  Justice is in that context, those who did it face appropriate criminal penalties and pay civil restitution to survivors who counted on him.

It does not mean third party groups appropriating his tragedy to enrich themselves and promote radical agendas.

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2020, 12:44:11 PM »
It does not mean third party groups appropriating his tragedy to enrich themselves and promote radical agendas.
But don't you think it means that to them? Street justice? We might not have lynchings anymore but the mentality is still there and doesn't belong to any one group.

Offline Greekman

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2020, 01:08:26 PM »

by letting them degrade and show their pointlessness?
happened with the Greek facsimile left government just two years ago.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2020, 07:30:38 PM »
It's funny, the local news in my area don't even mention Seattle. 

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2020, 07:42:43 PM »
Outside of local news stories our local channels recite Associated Press's version of national and international news. We heard non-stop stories how Trump colluded with the Russians but zero how the FBI colluded with the Hillary campaign. If our local news was all you watched you would be convinced that Joe Biden was a decent and intelligent, capable leader and Trump was defined by his raucous tweets. This is in fact what mother-in-law believes... a CNN viewer.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2020, 10:39:53 PM »
But don't you think it means that to them? Street justice? We might not have lynchings anymore but the mentality is still there and doesn't belong to any one group.

They have no concept of justice at all.  They only believe in advancing their own agenda.  Their motto is "by any means necessary".  They dont care who gets hurt.  They routinely abuse the elderly, children, and the disabled.  To them the less able they are to defend themselves the better. 

by letting them degrade and show their pointlessness?
happened with the Greek facsimile left government just two years ago.

I think there is a lot we in the US can learn from the European experience.  I remember a couple years ago when news first broke of the police no go zones in Europe.  When Trump pointed it out, many argued they didnt exist.  And now we have one in Seattle and the news denies it is happening. 

Offline Carver

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2020, 07:24:26 AM »
The governor of the state of Washington didn't know about the Seattle situation either, it wasn't in the news there either.