Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Amateur Radio Gear Reviews

Radio Portable Tactical carry system

<< < (4/4)

Carl:

--- Quote from: FreeLancer on March 20, 2017, 08:54:37 PM ---Do they make one wide enough for an FT450D?

--- End quote ---

As far as I understand,the TRC-1 is their one current option ,though I would bet they come up with a Ham's erector set with side channels and different top and bottom plate dimensions to fit most radios. I also own a FT450D and love the radios performance and looks.

Alan Georges:

--- Quote from: Carl on March 21, 2017, 04:33:39 AM ---... and what I needed was a compact station with travel option...the option being to simply remove the radio's face . :facepalm:

--- End quote ---
Of course!  Completely solves the problem of the faceplate taking the full weight of the radio, etc. on the knobs in a rough landing.

--- Quote from: Carl on March 21, 2017, 05:00:57 AM ---As far as I understand,the TRC-1 is their one current option ,though I would bet they come up with a Ham's erector set with side channels and different top and bottom plate dimensions to fit most radios. I also own a FT450D and love the radios performance and looks.

--- End quote ---
Now that would be something I'd get.  The 450 really is in need of a go-kit carrier frame like this.

Carl:
I got a note from Larry...

"Thanks for taking the time to send the info on the Survival Podcast.
I have listened to Jack since he was podcasting while driving his Jetta TDI.
I have occasionally dropped into the forums but not on regular basis.

He is likely to respond to the Prepper need for a sturdy radio box as he is one of 'us" .

Alan Georges:
Carl, this all sounds very promising.  If I may make a suggestion to Larry, a carrier for the 450, maybe with some kind of face plate cover or maybe recess for protection, is something I could go for.

Sounds like a good guy who's working up some good products.

Carl:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on March 22, 2017, 03:59:27 AM ---Carl, this all sounds very promising.  If I may make a suggestion to Larry, a carrier for the 450, maybe with some kind of face plate cover or maybe recess for protection, is something I could go for.

Sounds like a good guy who's working up some good products.

--- End quote ---

Yes,it is promising. I made a suggestion to improve the ease of installation of a radio into the box and they listened,I needed a set of top cover screws and they responded. I think the company may benefit from a relationship and feedback. I did not know this company before I ordered the product and gain nothing by showing the results I got and the construction of the box. Only sharing my experience and maybe helping others with gear needs. Soon my second box,the same as the first will arrive and I willl install a Yaesu VHF radio in it and maybe modify ti with a metal screen door handle and rubber feet on the side so it can set as carried,PLUS...I may install an antenna as a portable option...Prepper radio toys.... 8)

I am watching Mr Majestyk with Charles Bronson on Pryme this morning,I don't remember ever seeing it ,good movie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version