Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Every Day Carry (EDC) Gear

Altoids Tin EDC Kit

<< < (3/8) > >>

InquiringMind:

--- Quote from: BLACK SHIRT on January 05, 2015, 11:12:14 AM ---My buddy put together a cool snuff can EDC kit.
I would post picture but I can't figure out how to.

--- End quote ---

Sister Wolf posted a really handy how to: http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=21040.0

Basically, you need to create an account on a photo sharing site such as PhotoBucket, upload the picture, then include a picture link in your post.

endurance:
I eventually dumped the tin in favor of something waterproof and more flexible, but the size is very similar:

Contents:
Wetfire cube, 1 liter water pouch, #10 scalpel blade, CRKT Doug Ritter knife, 18" duct tape, compass, 10' steel wire, pen cartridge, 6 aquamira purification tablets, squeeze light, 12' reflective 125# rated cordage, whistle, ferro rod, 4 tinders, vinyl pouch, 2 safety pins.

It generally resides in my coat or pants cargo pocket when I'm out and about with a two-person space blanket in the other pocket.  My first priority has always been securing water.  For the most part, that's what I've gone into my kit for the most often over the years.  Shelter is always a priority, too, but I have yet to need to construct an emergency shelter in the field for anything other than training.  But I've had a half-dozen or more hikes and mountain bike rides that ran short of water and having tablets is a real life saver.

Carl:

--- Quote from: endurance on January 09, 2015, 01:26:22 PM ---I eventually dumped the tin in favor of something waterproof and more flexible, but the size is very similar:

Contents:
Wetfire cube, 1 liter water pouch, #10 scalpel blade, CRKT Doug Ritter knife, 18" duct tape, compass, 10' steel wire, pen cartridge, 6 aquamira purification tablets, squeeze light, 12' reflective 125# rated cordage, whistle, ferro rod, 4 tinders, vinyl pouch, 2 safety pins.

It generally resides in my coat or pants cargo pocket when I'm out and about with a two-person space blanket in the other pocket.  My first priority has always been securing water.  For the most part, that's what I've gone into my kit for the most often over the years.  Shelter is always a priority, too, but I have yet to need to construct an emergency shelter in the field for anything other than training.  But I've had a half-dozen or more hikes and mountain bike rides that ran short of water and having tablets is a real life saver.

--- End quote ---

I would add a small BIC lighter and some write in rain paper make the duct tape the reflective orange and I'd call it perfect. A great possibles kit and I rarely get out of sight of civilization.

David in MN:
That's a pretty good water solution. I can appreciate that after having drank puddle water during a rather bad mountain climb that got out of hand.

I'm usually not far enough from civilization to be so prepared but out in the boonies I see a lot of value.

Hurricane:

--- Quote from: endurance on January 09, 2015, 01:26:22 PM ---I eventually dumped the tin in favor of something waterproof and more flexible, but the size is very similar:

Contents:

--- End quote ---
I like this idea!
Where did you find the pouch?
(I could use something like it for work, too)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version