News > General News

It's time to watch Turkey

(1/41) > >>

Greekman:
Turkey is in an economic turmoil.
http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/limits-turkeys-interest-rate-hike

The situation has been nurturing for about 2 months now, and started by the time huge corruption scandals broke out (i.e. a close relative of the prime minister erdogan fled the country)
and when Erdogan started a small war againsy former ally, Fetulah Gioulen (who supported the Islamic party election, runs Islamic many schools and resides/refugees in the US)
and when it was revelaed that Turkey (actually its intelligence service that is closely controled by the PM) was involved on helping and suppling the AlQuedda factions in Syria

it is a mess

Bonnieblue2A:

--- Quote from: GreekMan on January 31, 2014, 04:44:22 AM ---Turkey is in an economic turmoil.
http://www.stratfor.com/analysis/limits-turkeys-interest-rate-hike

The situation has been nurturing for about 2 months now, and started by the time huge corruption scandals broke out (i.e. a close relative of the prime minister erdogan fled the country)
and when Erdogan started a small war againsy former ally, Fetulah Gioulen (who supported the Islamic party election, runs Islamic many schools and resides/refugees in the US)
and when it was revelaed that Turkey (actually its intelligence service that is closely controled by the PM) was involved on helping and suppling the AlQuedda factions in Syria

it is a mess

--- End quote ---

The part I put in bold....I believe that shoe is about to fall and fall hard.  I specifically remember our Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) questioning then Sec. of State Hillary Clinton about the running of arms out of Libya, through Turkey, to Syria.  She was stunned, paused, and then quickly denied knowledge and told him to ask some other agency.  Within the past two weeks I've read about several raids in Turkey have uncovered smuggling houses for small arms. 

The economic destabilization could have contagion in the region.  Not good at all.

Greekman:
There are be many geostaregic changes made.

None knwo fo sure, but there is a chance a less islamic-friendly goverment is installed )more western-friendly).
the Generals may come into matters again.

There will be big developments in the Kurdish front for sure. Kurds in iraq enjoy a semi-autonomus status, and the ones in Syria have cordoned their own territory and ousted the rest of the Syrian antigoverment forces. Both communities are or becoming players in the energy market. A turkey break up will be the begining of the kurdish state.

Tensions with Greece will rise return, Turkey has always been exporting its internal problems.
If my goverment plays it out right we will be gaining on the disputed gas and shells gas regions in the eastern Aegean seabord

Cedar:
I can only watch one revolution at a time.. so what is happening in Turkey?

Cedar

Greekman:
Telegraphically.

triple elections in June
Erdogan is leaving primeministry and wants to run for president. made changes to laws to allow his easy passage
messed up in Syria, Israel, Egypt. We was to ahve a zero problem foreign policy and did exaxtly the opposite.
There are rumors that is driven by emperor ideas (wants to re-institute the Ottoman empire) and is also mixed with mysticism groups.
Cleared out the Generals by putting them in prison (the Army council held equal position to the parlament and owns about 35% of Turkish industries, Renault factory included)
Corruption scandlas have beeing breaking out, seems he had a close circuit of corruption, his family included)
Former ally F. Gulen want's to play a role in the new elections, Erdogan is considering relaeasing the Generals to favor their support)
He blamed freigners for the riots in gezi square in the summer, no he blaims foreign intelligence services for messing with the Turkish economy.
The value of Turkish lira is rolling downhill, it is said that Turkey won't be able to service her dept.
He is pushing for hursher Islamic practices
He has been arrogant in his relations with the Europeans, going as far as claiming it is the Eu that hsould beg Turkey to join EU

Actually i think the US ad Israel are tired of his demeanor and are pulling the rag under his feet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version