Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearm Self Defense

My doorbell rang at 1AM this morning

<< < (3/7) > >>

Mr. Bill:
Related topic from way back in 2011:

Stranger scenario on rural homestead

fred.greek:
We like having the steel-mesh security door outside of the solid wood door.  All are locked, so if desired we can open wood door & talk to folks outside, while still being protected by a locked steel door.

theBINKYhunter:

--- Quote from: fred.greek on March 29, 2020, 07:25:10 PM ---We like having the steel-mesh security door outside of the solid wood door.  All are locked, so if desired we can open wood door & talk to folks outside, while still being protected by a locked steel door.

--- End quote ---

That's on our list of home improvements. We had one at my last house and enjoyed it. Nothing like opening up the door and letting the breeze in on a nice evening. The security factor is reassuring as well because it's an extra layer. The last one we had was great as well because the mesh was thick enough that unless I had light behind me you couldn't see into the house. I had a person one time ask if I'd open the door because they couldn't see me... and I did not open the door.

Carver:
I remember a similar incident that I heard about when I was in high school. Some guy said that once upon a midnight dreary, while he pondered weak and weary suddenly there came a tappin' on his door, quoth the raven "Nevermore". Can't remember what happened after that.

Mr. Bill:

--- Quote from: Carver on March 29, 2020, 09:50:19 PM ---...quoth the raven "Nevermore"...

--- End quote ---

:spit:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version