Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Amateur Radio How-To's

Slingshot antenna hanger

(1/2) > >>

adp113:
Not wanting to spend $90 for cheap slingshot with an even cheaper fishing reel attached (the EZ Hang), I built my own for less than $40.  It works great, easily launching a 1oz weight over a 65 foot tree.  I can remove the fishing reel and still have a fully functional slingshot, or I could even use it to fish with.

Here are the step by step illustrated instructions.  Total time invested was less than an hour.

http://www.n3xp.com/projects

Truik:
I could see where this would be especially handy if you had a big fish on the line and thought you might lose him if he put up too much of a fight.

Just pull back on the sling shot and *POW*!

;D

dmart:

--- Quote from: Truik on January 18, 2010, 08:40:58 PM ---I could see where this would be especially handy if you had a big fish on the line and thought you might lose him if he put up too much of a fight.

Just pull back on the sling shot and *POW*!

;D

--- End quote ---
Now that's funny!  ;D

EmmaPeel:
We use my daughers' bow and arrow with a fishing line attached to it.  Yes, it was expensive initially but since we already had it, it was "free". 

AngusBangus:

--- Quote from: adp113 on January 15, 2010, 09:54:16 AM ---Not wanting to spend $90 for cheap slingshot with an even cheaper fishing reel attached (the EZ Hang), I built my own for less than $40.  It works great, easily launching a 1oz weight over a 65 foot tree.  I can remove the fishing reel and still have a fully functional slingshot, or I could even use it to fish with.

Here are the step by step illustrated instructions.  Total time invested was less than an hour.

http://www.n3xp.com/projects

--- End quote ---
The link is dead, but I rigged up something similar and WAY less effective. I want to change my slingshot over to a fishing reel design to launch my lifting line for my field expedient 2M and 6M ladder wire j-Poles. Did anyone download this or have an updated link?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version