Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Elon Musk threatens to move Tesla out of CA because of lockdown

(1/1)

surfivor:

I thought this was interesting. I think I also heard Elon Musk thinks the virus response is generally very exaggerated:

https://www.kvue.com/article/money/elon-musk-coronavirus-tesla-moving-texas/269-2bb59f9f-efef-4699-b06c-12905504069f

Elon Musk says Tesla to move headquarters to Texas 'immediately' amid COVID-19 shutdown in California

CEO Elon Musk on Saturday said the electric car manufacturer will move its headquarters and future programs to Texas and Nevada “immediately,” in response to Alameda County – where the company’s Fremont, Calif., plant is based – advising Tesla to remain closed until June 1 amid the coronavirus pandemic.

===================

also, lawsuit:

https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/09/elon-musk-threatens-to-pull-tesla-operations-out-of-california/

Elon Musk  said Saturday the company will file a lawsuit against Alameda County and threatened to move its headquarters and future programs to Texas or Nevada immediately, escalating a fight between the company and health officials over whether its factory in Fremont can reopen.

Tesla had planned to bring back about 30% of its factory workers Friday as part of its reopening plan, defying Alameda County’s stay-at-home order.

=============

Elon Musk says shelter in place lockdown is fascist

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/29/21242102/elon-musk-coronavirus-fascist-shelter-in-place-tesla-covid-19-safety-science

Elon Musk called the shelter-in-place orders in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the US “fascist” actions that are stripping people of their freedom on a Tesla earnings call on Wednesday. Musk’s comments come after a torrent of criticism for remarks he made late Tuesday night on Twitter, in which the billionaire CEO echoed President Trump by writing in all caps, “Free America Now.”

The rant began after Musk said, “We are a bit worried about not being able to resume production in the Bay Area, and that should be identified as a serious risk.” Six Bay Area counties jointly extended the shelter-in-place orders affecting San Francisco, Fremont, and other cities through May 31st, with only some minor relaxing of restrictions.

“The expansion of shelter-in-place, or as we call it, forcibly imprisoning people in their homes, against all their constitutional rights, is, in my opinion, breaking people’s freedoms in ways that are horrible and wrong, and not why people came to America and built this country,” Musk said. “What the fuck!”

ChEng:

--- Quote from: surfivor on May 10, 2020, 04:16:39 PM ---...“The expansion of shelter-in-place, or as we call it, forcibly imprisoning people in their homes, against all their constitutional rights, is, in my opinion, breaking people’s freedoms in ways that are horrible and wrong, and not why people came to America and built this country,” Musk said. “What the fuck!”

--- End quote ---
That's a good point: why am I basically under house arrest because other people are sick?!?!
You don't quarantine an entire planet - at least not until we have a multi-star/multi-planet "empire" to work with. As my wife has said: "up until now, we have quarantined the sick. Now we are trying to quarantine the whole world. That's not quarantine; it's tyranny."

surfivor:

--- Quote from: ChEng on May 10, 2020, 07:19:30 PM ---That's a good point: why am I basically under house arrest because other people are sick?!?!
You don't quarantine an entire planet - at least not until we have a multi-star/multi-planet "empire" to work with. As my wife has said: "up until now, we have quarantined the sick. Now we are trying to quarantine the whole world. That's not quarantine; it's tyranny."

--- End quote ---

That does seem like it makes sense. Plus they have this black box test kit. You may seem perfectly healthy but the test kit says you are infected, but you have no idea how the test kit really works or if it works correctly. It could be easily gamed and who would now except the people who gamed it

LvsChant:
To me, two months ago, when we had really very little information about the virus, and especially, how to treat it, asking people to limit their outside activities seemed very reasonable. We have done what was the goal -- flattened the curve and prevented overwhelming our hospitals.

So now, it seems to me that we really have to allow people to go on with their lives. For those in the high-risk group or with underlying comorbidities, they should continue to limit their exposure and take all precautions they can (masks, sanitizer, social distancing, avoiding contact with anyone who is out in the world in contact with lots of other people). For everyone else, particularly in areas with low infection rates, life should move back to near-normal again, imo. I do think that masks for all (for any indoor activities especially) and social distancing in public situations should continue... but businesses should re-open and life should go on.

surfivor:

--- Quote from: LvsChant on May 12, 2020, 07:23:58 AM ---To me, two months ago, when we had really very little information about the virus, and especially, how to treat it, asking people to limit their outside activities seemed very reasonable. We have done what was the goal -- flattened the curve and prevented overwhelming our hospitals.

So now, it seems to me that we really have to allow people to go on with their lives. For those in the high-risk group or with underlying comorbidities, they should continue to limit their exposure and take all precautions they can (masks, sanitizer, social distancing, avoiding contact with anyone who is out in the world in contact with lots of other people). For everyone else, particularly in areas with low infection rates, life should move back to near-normal again, imo. I do think that masks for all (for any indoor activities especially) and social distancing in public situations should continue... but businesses should re-open and life should go on.

--- End quote ---

Well, we learned a lesson about these things .. though next time they will probably throw a different curve ball.

In general I have learned not to trust things. I was concerned about reports of this virus from the beginning, not because I think viruses from wild bats are a big risk but I don't trust the government, deep state, China, NWO, establishment, medical establishment etc. That was why I stocked up on food early on

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version