Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

crime in the days of Corona virus

<< < (2/8) > >>

theBINKYhunter:
I tend to think unethically/illegally not because I'm a bad guy but because I try to think like one to avoid doing stupid things. I've said that right now is the time to commit a crime if you're a bad person. No one is going to think twice if you walk somewhere in gloves and a mask and it's now slightly easier to go without leaving fingerprints or having your face on CCTV.

ATMs have come to mind as well. We pulled some money last week to avoid having to use them but if we needed cash I would not go to an ATM alone right now unless I had my wife or someone else there to watch my back.

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: theBINKYhunter on March 30, 2020, 08:17:33 PM ---I tend to think unethically/illegally not because I'm a bad guy but because I try to think like one to avoid doing stupid things. I've said that right now is the time to commit a crime if you're a bad person. No one is going to think twice if you walk somewhere in gloves and a mask and it's now slightly easier to go without leaving fingerprints or having your face on CCTV.

ATMs have come to mind as well. We pulled some money last week to avoid having to use them but if we needed cash I would not go to an ATM alone right now unless I had my wife or someone else there to watch my back.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, i already had a fair bit of cash and have been hitting the cash back when the odd bit of retail happens.  To heck with that ATM noise.

surfivor:
Fox News seems to be raising a dam good question:

State governments are threatening to arrest and jail people who violate quarantine orders. At the same time they are wanting to release felons from jail because keeping people in jail may spread the virus.

If that is where we are headed it seems pretty bad and unacceptable on many levels and something that seems quite frustrating if it’s true. I guess they are claiming nonviolent offenders are being released but some other articles have made me wonder as well as similar previous actions by city governments

suzysurvivor:

--- Quote from: mountainmoma on March 29, 2020, 11:34:24 PM ---And, locally, this one I am putting here as we all need to use ATM's more now that bank lobbies are shut down, and now that all the other stores in the strip malls are shut down,

--- End quote ---
i use the ATM inside the grocery store when I go.

theBINKYhunter:

--- Quote from: surfivor on March 31, 2020, 06:40:31 PM ---State governments are threatening to arrest and jail people who violate quarantine orders. At the same time they are wanting to release felons from jail because keeping people in jail may spread the virus.

--- End quote ---

In AZ we had a 'shelter-in-place' order issued but the document states 'no one needs to prove why they're out' so I would say it really depends on the region. Basically they've told us to stay home but I can go out and about with to repercussions right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version