The TSP Marketplace > The Berkey Guy - Berkey Light Water Filters

Berkey leaking after filling with bottom empty

<< < (2/3) > >>

theberkeyguy:
It may be that you are overfilling the bottom chamber, please isolate the problem also, and see if it coming from the middle of the system, or from the spigot.  If it is the middle of the system, the bottom may be overfilling.

theberkeyguy

GodsProvision:
Thank you. I believe it has been overfilled at times, but the bottom was completely empty most recently when the seeping and wet counter occurred.

The system is still not filtering very quickly though it it does seem to at least be filtering. I was thinking it may already be time to clean the black filters and reprise them. How often should that need to be done?

theberkeyguy:

--- Quote from: GodsProvision on September 04, 2014, 11:25:46 AM ---Thank you. I believe it has been overfilled at times, but the bottom was completely empty most recently when the seeping and wet counter occurred.

The system is still not filtering very quickly though it it does seem to at least be filtering. I was thinking it may already be time to clean the black filters and reprise them. How often should that need to be done?

--- End quote ---

It is recommended to prime them every 2-3 months.  I am not sure why there was water coming out, other than if the bottom was full or the spigot has a leak.

theberkeyguy

Carl:

--- Quote from: theberkeyguy on September 05, 2014, 04:25:20 PM ---It is recommended to prime them every 2-3 months.  I am not sure why there was water coming out, other than if the bottom was full or the spigot has a leak.

theberkeyguy

--- End quote ---

I believe he discovered that at least one filter was not tightened....

GodsProvision:

--- Quote from: theberkeyguy on September 05, 2014, 04:25:20 PM ---It is recommended to prime them every 2-3 months.  I am not sure why there was water coming out, other than if the bottom was full or the spigot has a leak.

theberkeyguy

--- End quote ---

The "leak" seemed to be caused by seepage at the middle part where the two halves come together. There was a hiss and we could see the bubbling there. It very well could have been loose filters as well that were then tightened when I reassembled the system.

I did scrub the black filters and reprimed them along with the lower white filters. It seems to be working now. I used the rough side of a sponge though will try to use something more abrasive next time such as is recommended in the maintenance instructions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version