The TSP Marketplace > The Berkey Guy - Berkey Light Water Filters

Berkey on a well

<< < (2/3) > >>

bradleypaul75:

--- Quote from: theberkeyguy on July 09, 2014, 09:13:51 AM ---You can use the Berkey on the well water as long as it is not softened.  What state is your well in, and what contaminants are in the well water before you chlorinate it?

theberkeyguy

--- End quote ---

Is the salt the issue or is there another problem?

I know the berkey does not have desalinization capabilities. Does it clog and damage the carbon?

theberkeyguy:

--- Quote from: bradleypaul75 on July 11, 2014, 11:55:57 AM ---Is the salt the issue or is there another problem?

I know the berkey does not have desalinization capabilities. Does it clog and damage the carbon?

--- End quote ---

I have seen that some of the salt is not removed and some of it passes through the system, thus making the water taste salty.

theberkeyguy

bradleypaul75:
does the salt ruin anything on the filters?

I am ok with the taste nut didnt know if i'd need to replace anything since it is softened water.

I am interested in using caught rain water sometime not until we have our own place.

Roamer:
Berkey guy

You did not respond when I answered your question about location and contaminants.

theberkeyguy:

--- Quote from: bradleypaul75 on July 25, 2014, 10:06:42 PM ---does the salt ruin anything on the filters?

I am ok with the taste nut didnt know if i'd need to replace anything since it is softened water.

I am interested in using caught rain water sometime not until we have our own place.

--- End quote ---

Salt may ruin the filters, but I have atleast seen that it does not remove the salt and it can go right through.

theberkeyguy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version