The TSP Marketplace > The Berkey Guy - Berkey Light Water Filters

Every Berkey System Owner Needs This: The Black Berkey Primer

<< < (2/2)

CountryRootsCityJob:

--- Quote from: theberkeyguy on July 13, 2015, 10:13:20 AM ---It took me a little time to get the primer to work correctly.

Possible problems include making sure the entire black carbon part of the Black Berkey Elements are submerged in water, as this will help start the process.  If it is not fully submerged, air will go through the primer or it may not work correctly. 

Be sure to make sure the valves are installed correctly, try moving them to the other side to see if that solves the problem.

Also, the Bulb is food grade.

Feel free to let me know if this info helps.
The Berkey Guy

--- End quote ---

I tried sucking the water in, but forcing it in would certainly work better.  The valves were installed correctly to act as a pump, just no pumping action happened... am I supposed to suck the water through or push it through?

theberkeyguy:

--- Quote from: BriGy86 on July 13, 2015, 10:23:14 AM ---I thought the bulb was to pump water into the filter through the outlet. Like how the faucet method works.  is it designed to be the opposite way?

--- End quote ---

The primer will push water through the filters and pull water through the filters.

theberkeyguy

theberkeyguy:

--- Quote from: CountryRootsCityJob on July 13, 2015, 10:38:34 AM ---I tried sucking the water in, but forcing it in would certainly work better.  The valves were installed correctly to act as a pump, just no pumping action happened... am I supposed to suck the water through or push it through?

--- End quote ---

I first recommend sucking the water through, but make sure air is being sucked out the primer, and that the filter is fully submerged.

theberkeyguy

CountryRootsCityJob:
This is long overdue... Jeff made it right and now I think the biggest issue was using water that went through the water softener.  I have since fixed that mistake and now the filters have started working much better!  Thanks Jeff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version