Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

After years of prepping and still going - by Victoria

<< < (5/131) > >>

Victoria:
Thanks, jeeper, nice Jeep.  Preparing can seem like such a large task it never gets done and that creates anxiety and even a soggy depression, like, "I could never do all that so I'll give up."  If I can get just one person to take action, that will be one more or one more family, "saved". 

GreyWolf:
What happens when ya run outa coffee? Ive heard about people who took dandilion green roots and dried them and ground them up and mixxed it with real coffee. Anyone know anything about this?

Victoria:
Wolf, let's face it - running out of coffee would be a disaster of huge proportions.  I don't know about root foods - I'd probably poison myself.  For me, a year's worth of stored coffee is the minimum to prevent thoughts of suicide due to not having it, plus store some jars of instant coffee to start adding to real coffee to extend it, if it gets that bad. Coffee is the elixer of life to me.

OKGranny:

--- Quote from: Victoria on January 25, 2011, 07:37:52 PM ---Wolf, let's face it - running out of coffee would be a disaster of huge proportions.  I don't know about root foods - I'd probably poison myself.  For me, a year's worth of stored coffee is the minimum to prevent thoughts of suicide due to not having it, plus store some jars of instant coffee to start adding to real coffee to extend it, if it gets that bad. Coffee is the elixer of life to me.

--- End quote ---

Oh I so agree with that. I even have green coffee beans stored and have been teaching myself to roast them so they make a drinkable cup. I've tried the dandelion coffee and chicory and all I can say is Yuck. This is great fun Victoria. You've reminded me of some of the reasons I learned to prep in the first place and the personal SHTF moments in our lives that kept reinforcing that.

Docwatmo:
Victoria, LOVE the thread, and a hearty Heck Yhaaa to the coffee.  I have a 1 gallon backup container sealed in the back and 2 jars of instant.  Even before I was a prepper I had coffee.  Sweet, nectar of the gods, coffee.

+1 for a great thread.

Doc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version