Author Topic: So Mad!  (Read 12515 times)

Offline shingman

• Prepper
So Mad!
« on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:41 PM »
I Guess I'm On This Subject Because  I'm So Mad About How The Power's To Be Are Taking Away Our 2nd Amendment Right's. I Have To Look At Alternative Way's To Protect My Family! It's sad That We Have Been Reduced To Bow's And arrow's And Other Primitive Weapon's!

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
Re: So Mad!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:42:05 AM »
Taking away? Or TRYING to take away?

Cedar

endurance

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 08:34:26 AM »
Can you be more specific?  Two years ago you posted that you thought you should sell all your guns because Obama was going to take them all. Since that time there hasn't been any round up or any major new laws. Now there's a republican majority in the House, so why all the fear and anger?

nelson96

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:58:42 AM »
Can you be more specific?  Two years ago you posted that you thought you should sell all your guns because Obama was going to take them all. Since that time there hasn't been any round up or any major new laws. Now there's a republican majority in the House, so why all the fear and anger?

DOH !. . . .  I wouldn't use the GOP owning the house as an example of 'everything is going to be okay'.  The way things are going right now you would think that the Dem's won all the seats in the last election.  ;)

Getting back on topic, if I apply for a tax stamp, there's no firearm I can't own in my State and no restrictions on magaizines either, as well as no special safety's. . . . . LONG ways from primitive weapons.

Now I just have to hope, pray, anf vote that it stays that way.

Offline SomeOlddMan

• Survivor
  • Engineering a sustainable lifestyle
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 09:06:59 AM »
DOH !. . . .  I wouldn't use the GOP owning the house as an example of 'everything is going to be okay'.  The way things are going right now you would think that the Dem's won all the seats in the last election.  ;)

I wouldn't say that the GOP is much, if any better than the DEMs, but as long as power is split, at least it slows down the erosion of our rights as the two sides argue over who gets the bigger piece of our pie.

We don't have to resort to primitive weapons to defend ourselves (yet), but I think it can be a good thing to keep a few of them around to supplement firearms.  Bow & arrow, sling, knife/sword, etc. can be effective, especially with practice.  Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep and maintain guns of course.

nelson96

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 09:25:17 AM »
I wouldn't say that the GOP is much, if any better than the DEMs, but as long as power is split, at least it slows down the erosion of our rights as the two sides argue over who gets the bigger piece of our pie.

Who's arguing, Obama appears to pretty much have free reign.

endurance

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 09:34:24 AM »
If Obama has free reign, please explain one gun that has been banned in the last six years.

Listen, I don't like the guy either, but I wouldn't call his presidency a reign of terror either. I don't like the NSA, drone strikes, healthcare, gitmo, foreign policy decisions, or how he uses us power abroad, but many of those things started in response to 9/11 and have just gained momentum. As for gun laws, I'm hard pressed to hear anything but rhetoric.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 10:33:54 AM »
I'm in the opposite end of the country from NJ, but on the ground there, what's the attitude of law enforcement?

For example, in Seattle, the police force is highly politicized.  Every accusation of brutality results in sensitivity training and oversight by a diversity panel.
This has the unintended consequence of making the cops bitter and detached from the population.  "everyone is a suspect"

If we travel 20-30 miles out into semi-rural towns, there's a lot more support for police.  In my case, my kids are in scouts, play sports and attend church with police families.  We talk rather openly at social events about local crime and political matters.  Once the topic of gun confiscation came up, and one cop commented (paraphrasing) "if things ever got that bad, I'm not coming into work.  I'm staying home to defend my home and family".

In a big city, I don't doubt the police would be willing to detain and search me during some hypothetical martial law event.  In my home town however, I would probably expect a "wink" and a quick "dude you should turn around and get home ASAP".

So Obama, or whatever reigning central power can say or order whatever, but it will require LOCAL resources to execute.

Ever read a detailed account of a DEA, ATF or FDA raid?  There may be a handful of federal agents, but the "muscle" is 80%+ local personnel.  This has consistently been my observation.

You're math may vary...

nkawtg

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 10:46:53 AM »
If Obama has free reign, please explain one gun that has been banned in the last six years.
He doesn't have to ban the gun, he's banning 5.56mm ammo
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2560750

endurance

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 11:57:46 AM »
First off, it might be worth noting the OP's posting history and we are falling into the creature under the bridge' strap by even having this conversation.

Second, the proposal is to ban one single type of .223/5.56 ammunition which is currently available as surplus. That is a little different than banning 556 entirely.

Finally, look at the original post and he's talking about having to resort to defending his home with bows and arrows. Unless you're a felon, even DC let's you have a gun in your home now.

Please, let's return to reality. Yes, call your congress critter, but don't freak out and post that this is the end of all guns.

d3nni5

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 12:00:22 PM »
First off, it might be worth noting the OP's posting history and we are falling into the creature under the bridge' strap by even having this conversation.

^^^^^^^ Yup, this  ^^^^^^

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »
If Obama has free reign, please explain one gun that has been banned in the last six years..

Saiga12

d3nni5

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 12:48:15 PM »
Saiga12

Saiga's are not banned per se, you don't have to give them up.   We just can't import anymore.

nelson96

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »

Exactly. . . .  He's giving up on banning the gun and going after ammo, since ammo is not protected under our constitution.  Even though the ammo he is currently going after is "mil-spec green tip", that doesn't mean he won't go after others if he is successful with this one.  Even if this plan doesn't work for him, I predict that it will start another frenzy causing shortage, that will start before the last ones ends.

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 08:32:42 PM »

WARNING - FROTHY-MOUTH RANT AHEAD

<sigh>  I just spent over half an hour writing a scathing commentary about this (not at nktawg, but at the issue).  The problem is, it won't make a difference.

We, as gun-owners have capitulated too many times.  No one will stand up, except to use this as another fund-raising topic to wring more $$ out of the cowering gun owner, all in the name of "protecting our rights."

As we reap, so shall we sow.

The Professor

nelson96

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 08:38:08 PM »
The problem is, it won't make a difference.

Except in our pocket books as people once again get scared and start buying up everyhting they can find, before it too can be banned. . . .  If you can't beat'em-join'em, before it's too late and their is nothing left but to complain that there is nothing left.

Offline shingman

• Prepper
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »
I Have read The Post Here And I Guess I'm Frustrated Because I See Big Brother Chipping Away At Our 2nd Amendment Right's! I See That We May Need To Fall Back To Our Ancestor's Way Of Fighting! As Far As Me Getting Rid Of My Other Weapon's I Have Gotten Rid Of A lot Of Them Because Of Finance Problem's. I Plan To Replace Them In The Near Future! I Think Everyone Know's That If You Give Them A Inch They Will Take A Mile!

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »
Saiga's are not banned per se, you don't have to give them up.   We just can't import anymore.

There is a difference between bans and confistications.  Bans are a restriction on the manufacture, import, sale, or possession of an item.  It doesn't have to be all of them.  For example, the assault weapon ban of 1994 grandfathered in all such classified firearms that were in legal possession before the act took place.  And you can also have confiscations without a ban in place.  An example is what happened in New Orleans after the flooding.

The saiga ban is actually stricter than the ban of 1994 in that not only did the firearm have to be in legal possession but full payment had to have been made to the factory. So any saiga firearms imported to the USA in warehouses or at dealers on factory credit which are subject to confiscation.  And it just isn't an import ban, licensed manufacturing of saiga's in the US is also banned.

But the bigger picture is that the president without any supporting act of Congress instituted a firearms ban and there has been no support from republicans in Congress to remedy this either by overturning or by at least minimizing the precedent of executive bans by authorizing it post facto while chiding the president for taking unilateral action.  The NRA statement on this clearly shows the concern of what this could mean going forward especially in light of the M855 ban, Garand import ban, and project chokehold executive actions.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 11:32:43 PM »
I Have read The Post Here And I Guess I'm Frustrated Because I See Big Brother Chipping Away At Our 2nd Amendment Right's! I See That We May Need To Fall Back To Our Ancestor's Way Of Fighting! As Far As Me Getting Rid Of My Other Weapon's I Have Gotten Rid Of A lot Of Them Because Of Finance Problem's. I Plan To Replace Them In The Near Future! I Think Everyone Know's That If You Give Them A Inch They Will Take A Mile!

With respect, everyone I know who capitalizes the first letter of each word is bat sh!t crazy...

nelson96

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 12:04:30 AM »
With respect, everyone I know who capitalizes the first letter of each word is bat sh!t crazy...

:rofl:

Offline shingman

• Prepper
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 12:13:07 AM »
With Respect To My Caping Each Letter Of Each Word You Are The 2nd Person Who Told Me This! I Can Assure You I Am Not Crazy! Everyone Has Their Own Opinion!

nelson96

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 12:15:26 AM »
I Can Assure You I Am Not Crazy! Everyone Has Their Own Opinion!

:rofl: