Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Martial Arts, Unarmed Self Defense, Hand To Hand Combat, and Physical Fitness

Fitness trackers

<< < (3/4) > >>

fritz_monroe:
In case anyone was watching and is curious, I ended up getting the Garmin Vivosmart HR+.  I've only had it for 2 weeks and it's been working well for me. 

The HR+ is the same as the HR, but with the addition of GPS.  I've used it while running and I'm pretty happy with it.

Odin's Son:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on January 24, 2017, 06:42:54 PM ---In case anyone was watching and is curious, I ended up getting the Garmin Vivosmart HR+.  I've only had it for 2 weeks and it's been working well for me. 

The HR+ is the same as the HR, but with the addition of GPS.  I've used it while running and I'm pretty happy with it.

--- End quote ---

Glad you like it.  The wife and i have been thinking of getting something too.  After a month or so of heavy use, give us a good honest review please!  We look forward to hearing about it.

RitaRose1945:

--- Quote from: Odin's Son on January 25, 2017, 08:27:39 AM ---Glad you like it.  The wife and i have been thinking of getting something too.  After a month or so of heavy use, give us a good honest review please!  We look forward to hearing about it.

--- End quote ---

I love mine.

I went on a hike a couple of weeks ago with a new group, and I was a little surprised to find I was having trouble keeping up (fast paced and uphill - almost scrambling).  Since we still had four miles to go, I thanked them, but headed back.

When I got home, my Vivoactive had not only mapped the trail, but showed me I had hit a new heart rate high of 168.  So I was probably right to turn around and not get stranded a couple of miles later on some rocky trail on the back side of a mountain, needing medical help.

scoob:
My wife and I each got a Vivosmart hr+.  Shortly afterwards,  I broke my leg, so I'll have to get back to you when I can actually get after it again. So far, so good though.  I like checking my sleep patterns.  I'll have to compare the heart rate when I get on the warm up bike at physical therapy.
Gotta admit, I like the GPS, the ability to load apps, and of course the Punisher watch face!  ;-)  Actually, I use the calendar watch face now.

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: scoob on January 25, 2017, 07:45:55 PM ---and of course the Punisher watch face!  ;-)  Actually, I use the calendar watch face now.

--- End quote ---
Uh, huh?  I can change the watch face?  I'll have to look into that now.

Looks like that's for the VivoActive.  I don't see any different watch faces for the VivoSmart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version