Farm, Garden and The Land > Show Us Your Garden

busymomx3 garden 2015

(1/3) > >>

busymomx3:
Hubby and I are building an awesome garden this year and I'm excited to plant and see how I do.  I was going to start smaller but hubby wants to build a bigger garden so we will get to try or grow more of what we already know we can we new things added in.  My fall garden did fairly well, lettuce, cilantro, cauliflower and broccoli.  Once I get photobucket figured out (having technical difficulties) I will post my plot idea.

Planting plan
strawberries
raspberries
lettuce
spiniach
corn
pumpkins
watermelon
broccoli
cauliflower
cabbage
brussel sprouts
tomatoes
beans
peas
parsely
basil
cilantro
peppers
cucumbers
zucchini
potatoes
sweet potatoes
maybe blueberries

Already planted three apple trees and next week or so we will plant two peach trees.

jerseyboy:

--- Quote from: busymomx3 on February 24, 2015, 03:28:17 PM ---Hubby and I are building an awesome garden this year and I'm excited to plant and see how I do.  I was going to start smaller but hubby wants to build a bigger garden so we will get to try or grow more of what we already know we can we new things added in.  My fall garden did fairly well, lettuce, cilantro, cauliflower and broccoli.  Once I get photobucket figured out (having technical difficulties) I will post my plot idea.

Planting plan
strawberries
raspberries
lettuce
spiniach
corn
pumpkins
watermelon
broccoli
cauliflower
cabbage
brussel sprouts
tomatoes
beans
peas
parsely
basil
cilantro
peppers
cucumbers
zucchini
potatoes
sweet potatoes
maybe blueberries

Already planted three apple trees and next week or so we will plant two peach trees.

--- End quote ---

Wow. That is a great list.

I want to do raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries too.  What varieties are you putting in? What zone are you?

Jerseyboy

busymomx3:
Raspberries I think I got what they had at tractor supply :( but they don't typically do well here because of our soil.  I'm doing raised beds with modified soil for them in the hopes of having better luck. 
Blackberries we are going with the Brazos and Navaho which are local.
Blueberries we are going with Brightwell and Austin or Premier.  I use the Texas A&M website for resources on local plants that do well here.  We are in zone 8a.

Cedar:

--- Quote from: busymomx3 on February 25, 2015, 10:25:15 AM ---Raspberries I think I got what they had at tractor supply :( but they don't typically do well here because of our soil.  I'm doing raised beds with modified soil for them in the hopes of having better luck. 
Blackberries we are going with the Brazos and Navaho which are local.
Blueberries we are going with Brightwell and Austin or Premier.  I use the Texas A&M website for resources on local plants that do well here.  We are in zone 8a.

--- End quote ---

I am surprised on your raspberries. Even where blackberries won't grow in northern BC, raspberries grow in that poor mountain soil at 4,800ft above sea level with a 90 day growing window (for gardens). Are your blueberries 'rabbit eyes'? I have not heard of those varieties before, I only deal with highbush.

Cedar

busymomx3:
Sorry for the delayed reply :(.  So far the raspberries are doing good.  To much acid in the soil here I guess.  But my amended beds seem ok so far.  I have gotten asparagus, tomatoes, broccoli, lettuce, zucchini, cucumber, snap peas, beans, cauliflower, celery, onions, carrots, basil and parsley.  Oh yes and strawberries.  I still have another big box to do when I get home from Houston.
Oh I'm not sure if those varieties are rabbit eyes Cedar.  I won't get those in the ground this year.  I have three apple trees planted, two peach trees and purchased a lemon and mandarin tree. 
I also planted lots of flowers :).  Blackberries still need to be planted as well.  I have pictures but need to upload them to photobucket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version