Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Homesteading and Self Reliant Living

Best Kinds of Houses for Survival

<< < (2/11) > >>

Dude_from_the_Sud:
I like the Eartship idea.  Using recycled or found materials would be a plus as far as keeping costs down.  Thanks for the great ideas.

BigDanInTX:

--- Quote from: Dude_from_the_Sud on October 02, 2008, 04:31:31 PM ---I like the Eartship idea.  Using recycled or found materials would be a plus as far as keeping costs down.  Thanks for the great ideas.

--- End quote ---
Not to mention it can also be useful to know how to use what's available to make a shelter if you have to GTH outta Dodge...

archer:
I've been dreaming/scheming/planning to build a concrete monolithic dome (http://www.monolithic.com/). It's quite secure, strong, insulated and weather/disaster resistant. My brother is building a small one as a vacation cabin in San Diego. You can build them above ground or bury them.

flagtag:
I saw this on another site.  I found one (well, actually several) floor plan that I printed out.  I would love to be able to have one of these built out in the country somewhere.  I bet that looters would overlook something like that - at least at first.  And it wouldn't stand out on a skyline like a regular house would.

archer:
And with steel shutters on the windows damn near impregnable. At least to anything short of military strength.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version