Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Homesteading and Self Reliant Living

When Technology Fails

(1/2) > >>

Derek:
So I got a new book this x-mas called When Technology Fails by Matthew Stein. . Has anyone read this or not I am going to start tearing into it as soon as I can. Most likely tomorrow. I looked at it a bit today but not much reading done in it. I have a few others that I want to get for ideas as well as reference. Like Storey's Country Skills Book. Any other recommendations would be great aside from here which I am taking lots of great stuff from. But in a SHTF scenario I will not have anyway to get here. or just a power outage that lasts for days.

Ultio1:
I havent read that book, it is on the list though.
I have copied a lot of stuff, copy and paste into word documents when necessary. I have printed out the essentials and have them available on a laptop that can be powered by a car charger in a vehicle or off 12 V batteries in the event of grid failure. I got many books and documents from the survivalist boards (http://www.survivalistboards.com/) You will have to create an account and log in to download the files. There is a daily download max.  The files range from fiction to military and medical manuals. The owner of the boards has a TON of youtube videos with a lot about gardening, which he does a lot of. Its a good resource. I prefer TSP of course but I have learned a ton from Kevin and the others. If you ask a question there you will get straight answer. Usually several.

The Wilderness:
Mathew Stein was on Coast to Coast last night, I did not listen to the whole thing but am going to download it and listen in the next couple of days.
From what I did hear he does a good interview and he seems pretty well grounded. If I like the rest of the interview I may pick up his book.

Derek:
Thanks Guys I will check out the interview. And for the forums I joined those as well. I just have to post enough to be allowed to download anything there. I will post the question over there as well. And thanks again.

Derek:

--- Quote from: The Wilderness on December 30, 2008, 12:46:54 PM ---Mathew Stein was on Coast to Coast last night, I did not listen to the whole thing but am going to download it and listen in the next couple of days.
From what I did hear he does a good interview and he seems pretty well grounded. If I like the rest of the interview I may pick up his book.

--- End quote ---

Well since I am not a paying member I can not listen to any show. So Tell me how it is and I will see if it shows up somewhere on the internet for free soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version