Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Homesteading and Self Reliant Living

Its Really Happening.

(1/13) > >>

Ultio1:
I HAVE PAID RENT FOR THE LAST TIME! I am in the process of relocating to my 5 acre spread.  My debt is now less than $500 and my total monthly expenses are less than $250.The tax obligation on the land is a little under $300 per year I will post some youtube videos of the poly tunnel green house and chicken coup construction but it may be a couple months. 

Cut everything that isnt COMPLETELY necessary and throw all your money at debt if you have it and land if you dont. I have gone probably 14 months with out internet even but things have started happening fast. It all seemed like science fiction just a year ago. Seriously folks I am on disability and dont have assets or tremendous income, I was lucky enough to have a small amount of debt and was able to pay it off quickly. I am not in the high life by any means but I can tell you from my own personal experience that you can buy land that you can live on with 1 year of income. I got 5 acres with an acceptable 2 bedroom trailer and I mean I own it. Dont owe a dime.  1 Year. This process has given me tons of new confidence. I am planning to continue to be frugal and build a small house next year and continue to add on in the future as necessary.

It is 35 miles out of town and on a dirt road so its not for everyone but it is mine. My modest savings and silver reserves are wiped out.

In 6 days Ill be digging my garden.

Someone is listen and believing but thinking I just dont make enough money to do that myself, guess what.....you do.

I feel better than I can ever remember feeling before in my life.

CTF250:
CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS
     :)     :)     :)      :) 
Thats the best decision one can make

Storm:
Congratulations Ultio. You're living the dream many of us would like and well on your way to accomplishing your goals.

+1 Jealousy.

Kara:
Whooo!!! Fabulous Ultio1!

You post has been a big inspiration to me. I wish you all the best of luck!  :D :D :D

edhand:
Congrats!  Can't wait to see the Youtube videos of the green house and chicken coup.

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version