Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Communications

The Digital TV Swap

<< < (2/3) > >>

nafterize:

--- Quote from: TexDaddy on June 13, 2009, 06:45:31 PM ---What amazed me was the number of people unprepared for this long publicised event, that was even delayed once.

Can you imagine the magnitude of unpreparedness for an unexpected, seriously dangerous event?  It scares me to even ponder the implications. :'(

--- End quote ---

I think most people won't prepare for anything that isn't pounding on their door. Now that all you get is snow, you'll have to switch.

Also, that second link for more concise info was supposed to be: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_television

yrone:
Wife said she heard that the FCC got 300k phone calls after the conversion. Looking at the news on the wire its more like 800k :-) Its only been excessively advertised for 2 years or so.

LGM30:

--- Quote from: yrone on June 14, 2009, 09:49:58 AM ---Wife said she heard that the FCC got 300k phone calls after the conversion. Looking at the news on the wire its more like 800k :-) Its only been excessively advertised for 2 years or so.

--- End quote ---
Maybe they should have had large chested half-nekked models jumping on trampolines while a three voice announcer declared:
"Sunday.  Sunday!  SUNDAY! Digital Television!  See Truckzilla.  Old TVs won't work.  Get a converter.  They Jump.  They Fly! Kids half price!"

Makes you wonder if the beprepared.gov commercials are paid attention to by anyone.

Fred_47460:

--- Quote from: LGM30 on June 14, 2009, 11:10:20 AM ---Maybe they should have had large chested half-nekked models jumping on trampolines while a three voice announcer declared:
"Sunday.  Sunday!  SUNDAY! Digital Television!  See Truckzilla.  Old TVs won't work.  Get a converter.  They Jump.  They Fly! Kids half price!"

--- End quote ---

That would definitely get MY attention!!

ejsandstrom:
Backstory: My grandpa got cable when it first came to our city, circa 1981, I was hooked. I had cable untill I moved in 2004. Now I have an antenna. I dont miss it at all.

What pisses me off is that every where you turn, you hear, The poor, the minorieties, the dis-enfranchised, the underprivlaged.

Last time I checked there is no contitutional right to TV. Next thing you will hear is we have to buy the poor new tvs because the boxes are to complex. But it will be a stimulus to the econemy, because we are going to get them 42" LCDs, but nevermind that they are made in China.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version