Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Every Day Carry (EDC) Gear

Pistol safe for daily use

<< < (4/4)

Chemsoldier:

--- Quote from: CagedFeral on November 28, 2017, 05:11:31 AM ---My main requirements are that it's safe from little fingers and easy to use everyday. I'd want it to be an easy dependable open though. It should have room for 2 guns so that my daughter can also use it when she's home alone. Any safe should have a key over ride but to me those keys should be well hid for a safe like this.

A mechanical lock with only battery powered illumination seems like the best idea to me.

--- End quote ---

One thought is potentially budgeting for two pistol boxes in the future.  For myself the box has gotten crowded.  I have my G19, my wife's G19 (this one with a light) and a G43 for an additional carry option. It is snug in there and I don't have room to keep anything else in it (like a handheld flashlight).  Additionally, it is on one side of the bed (on a night stand) and is problematic to access for the person on the other side of the bed.  I need to get a second box so there can be one on each side of the bed. Each will have one gun, one light and maybe the deep concealment gun.  I have meant to for a while...but its sooo expensive...except I have the money to have just bought another gun  ::)  The pull of the shiny is strong, the pull of the mundane prep less so  ;D

theBINKYhunter:

--- Quote from: Chemsoldier on November 28, 2017, 08:45:46 AM ---The pull of the shiny is strong, the pull of the mundane prep less so  ;D

--- End quote ---

Truer words have never been spoken.

CagedFeral:
Chemsoldier, I know what you mean. I'm not sure how he'll want to use it but I'll be asking "will that gun be locked up??". I'll ride him like a very annoying inlaw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version