Author Topic: Need Pellet Gun recommendation for racoon  (Read 87129 times)

Offline Scottman

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Need Pellet Gun recommendation for racoon
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 05:02:35 PM »
I haven't had the opportunity to test my 177 marauder on coon

Offline Samuel Fairlane

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2014, 08:24:19 AM »
These work for me. http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Dog-Proof-Coon-Trap/dp/B004949EIC/ref=pd_sbs_lg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=11M3NYHTVHXJ6TRX3CBX

Put you some tuna fish in there and it's a sure thing. I put it on a stump where no other critter can mess with it.

Offline faultlineliving

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »
Used a CB 22 CAP. In a lever action Henry, its quieter than  .177 Gamo.  Energy of CB cap is about 30 lbs vs 7 - 8 lbs.  You can shoot them with a bow with a rubber tip, it should crush their skull. I like the 22, its quiet, and just works.  Plus you have backup rounds just in case the shot does penetrate well. 

Offline haywoodGA

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Digital Crosshairs Night Vision Products
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 01:50:38 PM »
I saw a raccoon in my bird feeder about 3am one morning using my Digital Crosshairs 1000 night vision.  I thought it was no problem and did not shoot it thinking it was harmless, just filmed it with my system and used it a gun shows.  Everyone said, "you should of shot it". Silly me.  That coon started coming on my deck every night and crapping in one of my planters, in the same place, nasty and toxic.  Had to dispose of some thyme and lettuces plants that were ready to eat.  Solution, I got a driveway motion detector from Harbor Freight and put it near the bird feeder.  Put the chime in my bedroom.  When the raccoon showed up about 1am the chime went off and I go my Beeman .22 with night vision.  The one that crapped on the deck met his maker but others smaller ones seem to soon show up.  Get rid of them before they feel too comfortable near your home.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 03:01:24 PM »
I would use a CB or BB cap in my 10-22 ,shoot from inside of your house ,and have the red ryder ready for when people visit.

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 05:03:05 PM »
I would use a CB or BB cap in my 10-22 ,shoot from inside of your house ,and have the red ryder ready for when people visit.

Sounds like you've seen this rodeo before ;)

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 06:12:02 PM »
Sounds like you've seen this rodeo before ;)

Yes,but ,in my world they are part of the food chain.

I would get what ever pellet gun the rascal could handle.... :rofl:

Offline blademan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Ask the next question
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2016, 08:33:58 PM »
Going through some old posts and found this one.  Have to imagine you solved this problem by now. But I realized my previous answer was a bit vague. In case you still have a need, i have a specific suggestion for this. I think it meets all your requirements.  It has open sights and comes with a scope. I cant comment on the scope. But it has thirty reviews and 24 of them are 4 or 5 star. .probably wont go through a skull unless you hit it in the eye, but a body shot should be no problem.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_Edge_Air_Rifle_Vortex_Piston_Black/3724/7159