Energy Options > Other Energy Sources

Question for Steve Harris (or anyone else) ENELOOP VS ENERGIZER

<< < (4/7) > >>

Carl:
I use Tenergy and ENELOOP Aa and AAA cells , after 4 years I have had some failures in Tenergy,NO failures with ENELOOP cells...BUT SANYO sold ENELOOP to PANASONIC and and The 2100 cycle cells appear fine BUT the 2500 rated cells appear to have a problem..

Any others note the change lately?

NWPilgrim:
Just swapped out two AA in my mouse yesterday.  I had a rack of Eneloop and Energizer AA batteries that were all recharged at the same time together about 6 weeks ago.  the Energizers were dead already, would not even power a mouse.  The Eneloop AA batts were good to go.  I knew from prior experience they were much better but this is pitiful for Energizer.  I just tossed all those as worthless.

Carl:

--- Quote from: NWPilgrim on August 21, 2014, 02:47:32 PM ---Just swapped out two AA in my mouse yesterday.  I had a rack of Eneloop and Energizer AA batteries that were all recharged at the same time together about 6 weeks ago.  the Energizers were dead already, would not even power a mouse.  The Eneloop AA batts were good to go.  I knew from prior experience they were much better but this is pitiful for Energizer.  I just tossed all those as worthless.

--- End quote ---

I gave all of my non-ENELOOP cells to my brother...made TWO people happy at one move.

ridge rover:
I can't seem to get that last short video Harris made. He showed some different AAs he was researching. He said they looked better than Eneloops so far, but was still testing. Can anyone recall which batteries they were?

My link to that video doesn't seem to work anymore.

Carl:
  My choice is ENELOOP,the only failure I have seen was when a charger failed and cooked a set of 4 AA cells till they leaked.
The 2000 MAH ones tend to perform better than the higher rated 2550 and 2850 ect ENELOOP as they don't produce power for higher Current devices (1/2 amp or more) as well or as long as the 2000 MAH versions. The higher rater cells may be just fine for devices that use little power but I try to simplify for my use and the 2000 MAH ENELOOP does just fine.

I do like the TENERGY 9 volt,C and D cells and am tempted to try TENERGY Low Self Discharge cells ,but with no failures of my ENELOOP AA and AAA cells I hav not felt the need ...as of yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version