Author Topic: kind of cool pedal purifier  (Read 3694 times)

Offline minrlwtr

• Survivor
kind of cool pedal purifier
« on: October 09, 2008, 06:57:25 PM »
News: Aquaduct Bike Purifies Water As You Pedal 2008-10-09 13:42
why

from the arrive-thirsty dept.

Mike writes "Winner of the '08 Innovate or Die competition sponsored by Google and Specialized, the Aquaduct is a pedal-powered concept vehicle that transports, filters, and stores water. The design has massive implications for communities where safe and secure sources of drinking water are not readily accessible."   http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/10/08/aquaduct-bike-purifies-water-as-you-pedal/

Offline DarkEyes

• Senior Survivalist
Re: kind of cool pedal purifier
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 07:10:50 PM »
That is the coolest thing I have ever seen, and it's such a simple concept.  Wish I had thought of it.

Mr.Riley

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:32:23 PM »
I honestly think its dumb... but not because of its function but because of its look. Sorry im a visual person

Offline DarkEyes

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:51:25 PM »
I wonder if you could convert that to a hydro electric bike?  Then you could generate electricity, maybe just enough to charge batteries, and purify your water at the same time.

Offline IRKCOD

• Prepper
  • Be Prepared
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 06:56:05 AM »
Yes the concept is 'cool'

As far as to question regarding the  generating of power to recharge batteries: Back in the 'dark ages' we had to ride bikes to school and part of the standard bike equipment was a Dynamo to operate the front and rear lights.
The small Dynamo which was depressed against the tyre to generate the electric current when required. 
 Can't see why such a system couldn't be used on either a road or exercise bike to trickle charge batteries for later use.
 :)

Offline DarkEyes

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 07:39:56 PM »
Where would you find a Dynamo?