Author Topic: Kindle Books  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Scooter123456789

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Kindle Books
« on: October 16, 2011, 07:22:08 PM »
Well, you can now save money and get books via your public library and download them to your Kindle.. My problem is I can't find survival or prepping books, Any advise..? Thanks

Offline Scooter123456789

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Kindle Books
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »
Thanks for the book list, it appears that, my great library of Harris County Texas doesn't have any of those titles for kindle download. I guess I have to do it old school and get the paper books. Thanks again, if anyone else has a list or suggestion on kindle books let me know...

Offline Truik

• Perpetual Student
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »
If nothing else, take comfort in the fact that, in the event of a true SHTF situation, you will have hard-copies of beneficial information where as some Kindle users may be searching desperately for a means of charging their devices.

Paperbacks...no batteries required.

Wild Colonial Boy

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:46:34 AM »
Powering a Kindle post-SHTF may be an issue if alternate power isn't available to keep things running.  I for one have a lightweight Bruton Solar Roll for recharging my mobile phone, laptop (& Kindle) - Its well worth the investment.  Alternatively there are always USB / 12 volt adaptors which you can get for your vehicle.

The idea of being able to store 3000 odd books on a Kindle for a a fraction of the price is awesome + its portable but some books just don't get published that way like my old and much cherished 1970's hard copy of John Seymore's - Complete Book of Self Sufficiency!

Good luck in your search...