Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The Airgun Board

Are airguns any good for self defense? real or psychological?

<< < (17/17)

Lamewolf:

--- Quote from: cmxterra on April 20, 2012, 10:54:38 AM ---No no and no

Good way to get shot. You don't bluff when it comes to self defense. If it is serious enough to need a gun to protect yourself then having something like that is just foolish.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, kind of like bringing a knife to a gun fight !

Carl:
  While an air gun may seem like a good idea...it will get you killed.
Less than lethal rubber and bean bag ammo as maybe round one in a REAL shotgun and buckshot after that...you only have one life.

CagedFeral:
I think you'd do better begging for your life while holding a blade hid behind your forearm.

I'd think if you pointed it at a bad guy you'd get shot 2-3 times. If you shot him with it he'd empty the mag and might be mad enough to reload.

Gamer:

--- Quote from: byJess on April 20, 2012, 09:55:10 AM ---I am just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on airguns, specifically replicas being used as self defense..
--- End quote ---

I'd say forget it!
Pulling a replica or pellet gun on somebody would have one of several effects, namely it'd either make him run off, or it'd make him lunge at you in rage and rip you apart.
Or he could just stand there wth his arms open saying "Go on then, shoot!" and you'd be left wondering what to do next.
If he pulls a knife and comes at you, a pellet shot won't stop him, so what you gonna do then?
Of course, a worst case scenario is if he pulls a gun on you and starts blasting in self defence, and no jury would convict him..:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version