Community & Regional Connections > Region Two

Pennsylvania

<< < (72/72)

bigbear:
We drove straight up route 15.  Fans were going into the stadium as we drove by it.  Houses up and down the street were selling parking space for $10.  I'm not sure I'd call Williamsport, Smalltown, USA.  But it seemed like a nice place.  We drove through the old downtown part (I missed a turn) and enjoyed seeing the older building and baseball statues of kids playing.

Zef_66:

--- Quote from: bigbear on September 13, 2018, 06:16:06 AM ---We drove straight up route 15.  Fans were going into the stadium as we drove by it.  Houses up and down the street were selling parking space for $10.  I'm not sure I'd call Williamsport, Smalltown, USA.  But it seemed like a nice place.  We drove through the old downtown part (I missed a turn) and enjoyed seeing the older building and baseball statues of kids playing.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, that intersection is a little wonky. I lived in Williamsport when I was a kid. Grew up two blocks from the founder of Little League. We would stop by his place and he would sit and tell us stories about starting LL. And take us into his shed behind his house that he had setup like a little museum. Pretty cool stuff, especially looking back on it now. Williamsport is definitely not small town. But the small communities around it are pretty decent.

EC115:

--- Quote from: Zef_66 on September 13, 2018, 10:21:22 AM ---Yeah, that intersection is a little wonky. I lived in Williamsport when I was a kid. Grew up two blocks from the founder of Little League. We would stop by his place and he would sit and tell us stories about starting LL. And take us into his shed behind his house that he had setup like a little museum. Pretty cool stuff, especially looking back on it now. Williamsport is definitely not small town. But the small communities around it are pretty decent.

--- End quote ---

Zef

Glad to see someone else in the neighborhood. I used to work for Susquehanna Health. Left there about 10 years ago.

Williamsport is a nice town, for the most part. Just moved on to working closer to home.

taters68:

--- Quote from: phillychoppin on October 13, 2008, 08:40:21 PM ---Anyone else from the keystone state?  I'm just outside Philadelphia.

--- End quote ---

i'm in the Bensalem area

Jesse2004:
I'm in the Lehigh Valley (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version