Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Martial Arts, Unarmed Self Defense, Hand To Hand Combat, and Physical Fitness

Tactical Fitness Plan

<< < (5/6) > >>

surfivor:

Port Aranasas:

PrepperJim:

--- Quote from: surfivor on March 26, 2016, 11:32:54 PM --- Jim,

I see from your profile that you are in Houston. I have researched that area a bit because I have considered spending time down south someday assuming I make it to retirement. I happen to know that Texas has some good surf and you are close to Galveston and other places. That is one reason why I would consider Texas to spend time in retirement - because there is surf

--- End quote ---

The last place that I would retire is this area. Galveston water is dirty brown and the beaches are not that great. You might consider someplace like Alabama which is much nicer.

Plus, when the SHTF, Houston will be unpleasant.

surfivor:

--- Quote from: PrepperJim on March 31, 2016, 07:02:44 PM ---The last place that I would retire is this area. Galveston water is dirty brown and the beaches are not that great. You might consider someplace like Alabama which is much nicer.

Plus, when the SHTF, Houston will be unpleasant.

--- End quote ---

I was not necessarily planning to retire there permanently, it's just a place I could spend time. What about further south towards Port Aransas ? What is making the water brown or how bad is it ?

yahoo answers indicates the water is shallow and there is mud from the river or some pollution. If  you go down the coast a little ways maybe it's not as bad .. Texas may get good swell exposure for gulf storms and hurricanes

Whether or not there is a beach doesn't matter neccessarily. I surf rocky points sometimes where there is no sand 

surfivor:
The surf in Alabama is not that good which I checked online sources to make sure they agree .. better waves are formed by having a long fetch or distance to travel. Some of the swell from Hurricanes in the Caribbean and Atlantic can make it to Texas, but Florida would block much of what can make it to Alabama. If the source of the waves is too close, you get more of a wind swell which is short period and not as desirable .. 

Zed:
Amazon Kindle has a book I purchased called Tactical Barbell, 2nd Edition, by K. Black... apparently written by ex-SF and FBI Tactical member.  There is also a Tactical Barbell - Conditioning book I grabbed as well.  Information seems pretty solid from my experience.  Here are the links;

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Barbell-Definitive-Strength-Operational-ebook/dp/B01G195QU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467251230&sr=8-1&keywords=tactical+barbell

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Barbell-II-Conditioning-Black-ebook/dp/B0143HDCWS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467251230&sr=8-2&keywords=tactical+barbell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version