Community & Regional Connections > The International Connection

Israel

(1/2) > >>

Shaul:
Any TSP members/podcast listeners in Israel (besides me)?

Shaul

TexasGirl:
Welcome to the forum, Shaul!  Please stop by "The Front Porch" and introduce yourself.

While I am not in Israel, I have been there in the past.  What are the Israeli people in general seeing in world events, and how are they preparing themselves for the future?

~TG

Oil Lady:
Hey, Shaul, I understand that ALL houses in Israel are mandated to have solar panels.

Is that true?

TexasGirl:

--- Quote from: Oil Lady on July 30, 2012, 02:59:57 AM ---Hey, Shaul, I understand that ALL houses in Israel are mandated to have solar panels.

Is that true?

--- End quote ---

Oil Lady,

When I was there, virtually every roof had solar water heating panels and storage tanks, but I saw much fewer PV electric panels.  I believe the "mandatory" is only applying to solar thermal heating, although solar electric looks to be encouraged.

~TG

Shaul:
Hi and thanks for the welcome.
 For Israel's world view etc, I'll have to respond tonight or tomorrow when I have more time.
 As far as solar (water heating) panels, I don't know if it's mandatory, because in certain communities (where because of aesthetics) they forbid the erecting of panels, but in general I would say that most every apt./house in Israel has solar (water) panels.
 For electric panels, the price is still too high and unless someone owns their own home and has enough roof space to install several banks, it's just not economical. For industry it's a different matter. Many office buildings have covered their rooftops with electric panels (which is fed into the national grid and they then receive a reduction in their electric rates). Also, many agricultural communities, raising poultry in large (long) houses are now taking advantage of their extensive (and formerly unused) roofspace to install electric panels as well.

Shaul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version