Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Black Powder and Primitive Weapons

Snowed In-project

(1/2) > >>

Mortblanc:
Like much of the country I have been either snowed in, frozen in or surrounded by cold mud for way to long.

To stave off boredom and keep mind and body in one single unit I made a trip to the parts bin to see if I cold accomplish anything with what was at hand.

I wound up with this contraption.  The barrel (.54cal) is from a grab bag table, the stock I bought from a scrap pile 20 years ago, the butt plate I salvaged from a musket, I made the ramrod thimbles from metal from a shed door and the other furniture was from God knows where.  The lock is a Siler and the set triggers were stripped from a CVA junk gun.

I actually figure that it has some resemblance to a gun one might have found thrown together by any frontier rifle maker from whatever was lying around his shop.

Carl:
Looks like a great project. It should be a pleasure to fire the smoke pole.

Alan Georges:
That is really impressive for a snow day project.  Thanks for the show and tell.

Cedar:
I have no idea what it is, but I enjoyed looking at the photos. I can still enjoy a work of art.

Cedar

Carl:

--- Quote from: Cedar on February 17, 2015, 09:08:31 PM ---I have no idea what it is, but I enjoyed looking at the photos. I can still enjoy a work of art.

Cedar

--- End quote ---

A flint lock 54 calibre black powder rifle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version