Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The Airsoft Forum

airsoft recommendations, please

(1/3) > >>

medic_ray:
Hello,
 I'm looking for recommendations for an airsoft handgun. I am currently on vacation, from Canada, in southern Texas. When I visit WalMart I am a little overwhelmed by all the choices. I believe Academy has them to.
 I am looking for an inexpensive way to develop target accuracy and muscle memory before I buy a handgun back home.
 I know the spring models have been recommended by Jack and others, but I was hoping for recommendations specifically for spring action models currently in stock at WalMart and/or Academy.
 Thanks to

medic_ray:
Thanks to all that reply, all your advice is appreciated.  --Ray.

creuzerm:
I bought one from Walmart - the Beretta model. A friend said that it's the most accurate of any of them he has used, and once I got used to it (and probably broke it in a bit) it is pretty accurate.

I picked up the glow-in-the-dark pellets this last time. I think they are two heavy for the gun at the range I am shooting - one end of the apartment to the other. They seem to drop just a little more then the orange ones or the green ones. My friend swears by the green ones.
I like the glow in the dark ones, because, you turn off the light, and go pick all the loose ones up off the carpeting.

I also got a laser site for the air-guns for mine this weekend just for giggles. A friend was visiting, and said that is the most fun way to shoot. It is a hoot. The cat loves it too!

medic_ray:
Thanks for the reply. I'll try to take a look at that model tomorrow, as I leave - back for home, Thursday.  --Ray.

Remington:
I hope you didn't buy an airsoft gun with the intent to take it over the border! If discovered, I'm fairly certain it will be confiscated, and you may have to deal with some added flack.

As for makes, KWC is pretty good. KWA and KJW are alright. CYMA and Desert Eagle are pretty bad. But at the end of the day none of the brands available at the big box stores are "great". Tokyo Marui makes some good spring guns, though specializes in gas operated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version